Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Trouble setting up Alexa on Orbi Voice

DBethune
Initiate

Trouble setting up Alexa on Orbi Voice

I was recently given and Orbi router with Orbi Voice Satellite and got everything set up fine until it came to Alexa. I am getting an Amazon login timeout when trying to set up Alexa. I spent almost three hours on the phone with tech support. The gentleman that was helping me ran me through all of the trouble shooting he could and was going to hand me off when I got disconnected. I did not want to spend another hour waiting just to talk to someone again(the first hour of the three hours was hold time waiting to speak to a representative). Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you!

Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
Kricketts311
Initiate

Re: Trouble setting up Alexa on Orbi Voice

This works now, thanks so much

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10

All Replies
Buc11t
Initiate

Having the same issue. New out of the box today and most things took 2-3 goes to setup for some reason but turning on Alexa is a fail. I log in to Amazon and while I’m being redirected back into app, it times out.

Firmware updated as soon as it connected.
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 2 of 10
Kurzweilfreak
Aspirant

Same here - new kit from Amazon. Tried setting up and everything works fine with the exception of adding Alexa.
Message 3 of 10
Kurzweilfreak
Aspirant

I just figured out what the issue was - I was trying setting this up on my iPhone. Once I tried from a Samsung A50 Android mobile the setup worked immediately. I did notice that on iOS the setup app opened the Amazon app and not the webpage to try authentication. On the Android Mobile the Orbi app opened the Amazon website and then completed the setup fine.

I hope this helps anyone else experiencing this issue.
Message 4 of 10
schacko210
Initiate

If this helps anyone with an iPhone, my setup worked when I deleted my Amazon app from my iPhone.  It forced Orbi to route the login to the browser and that immediately connected.  Seems to be an issue with the Amazon app, not the Orbi.  It was easy enough to add the Amazon app back once I got the Alexa working on the Orbi.

Message 5 of 10
Kricketts311
Initiate

This works now, thanks so much
Message 6 of 10
DBethune
Initiate

That did the trick! Thanks so much!

Message 7 of 10
Buc11t
Initiate

Fixed it for me too. Thank you
For the remote management issue I had to go through the router config to enable it - the app couldn’t do it.

Hope NETGEAR are reading this and fixing them cause I’m pretty tech savvy but this was pi$$ing me off spending so much time setting it up.
Message 8 of 10
Yukiiiii
Initiate

Thank you very much!
I had a day.
Removing the Amazon app worked fine.

Message 9 of 10
Alepiati
Aspirant

Deleted Amazon app from iPhone and it worked like a charm. I’m very frustrated standing 3 hours on phone and not being asked about if I had Amazon app on my iPhone.
Anyway, thank you!
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 10 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7