Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XM content repeats on Orbi Voice

swingf53
Tutor

XM content repeats on Orbi Voice

I purchased an Orbi Voice in December after being very pleased with the Orbi whole house system. One of the main reasons I purchased this satellite was to play Sirrus XM on a better speaker. However, the content on all XM channels repeats after about 5 minutes or so, totally defeating the purpose. I also have an Echo Dot and the XM plays flawlessly. Other music services play without issue on Orbi Voice (Pandora, I Heart Radio, Apple).  I contacted XM and they had no reports of this issue with Netgear speaker.  I'm thinking perhaps there is a buffer built into the Netgear RB40 and what's in the buffer for some reason repeats. Has anyone else had this issue of music on XM repeating on the Orbi Voice?  If so, did you find a solution?

Model: RBS40V — Orbi Voice Smart Speaker & WiFi Satellite with built-in Amazon Alexa
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: XM content repeats on Orbi Voice

Hi swingf53, 

Thank you for getting back. I have forwarded your issue to the engineering team and we would like to work with you directly. If you are interested, please send me a private message with your contact information. 

~Christian 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello swingf53, 

Would you mind clarifying what happens when you state that the "XM channels repeat." Also, would you be able to provide the XM channel(s) when the issue occurs? 

Thank you,
Christian  

Message 2 of 5
swingf53
Tutor

I have an all access pass to XM as part of my subscription for 2 cars.  I had a two-unit RB 50 Orbi mesh network for about a year and added the RBS40 Voice as a Christmas present in late December 2018.  I was able to add XM as an Alexa skill without a problem but when I use the Orbi Voice speaker to play XM, the content on any/all channels repeats after about 5 minutes. It will go back about 3 minutes into where I started listening and repeat that content until we get to exactly the same spot in the programming, and then repeats back to the same spot 3 minutes into programming. It does not seem to matter which XM channel I am listening to. And from time to time, it play XM flawlessly with no repeat. And other times it will play a channel for about 15 minutes without repeat but turn off without a command to do so.  Other music sources, such as I Heart Radio or Pandora, play music without issue on the Orbi Voice.

I have an Echo Dot on the same WiFi network using the same Alexa account and it does not repeat XM programming. Also, I use the XM streaming account on my iPhone and ear buds without issue. I'd also note that I make sure to clear the XM app off my phone before I try to use the Orbi Voice.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Model: RBS40V — Orbi Voice Smart Speaker & WiFi Satellite with built-in Amazon Alexa
Message 3 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi swingf53, 

Thank you for getting back. I have forwarded your issue to the engineering team and we would like to work with you directly. If you are interested, please send me a private message with your contact information. 

~Christian 

Message 4 of 5
swingf53
Tutor

Christian was able to get engineering to look at my issue and the latest firmware update resolved the problems. Kudos to Christian and the engineering team for solving the issue.

Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7