Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 1 -2 times per day router goes offline

HomeUserguy
Aspirant

1 -2 times per day router goes offline

I have an rbr850 on the latest firmware however 1-2 times per day the system completely goes offline (like a reboot) everything in the house wireless or wired loosed connectivity.  Its random but seems to happen almost everyday in the evening.

the SSID is gone from broadcating and the entire system goes offline.

Its take about 1min and everything comes backonline and the work until the next event.

From what I can find, I dont see any system logs or admin logs on the device.

1. Are there any logs I can look at to see what is happening?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 15
MikeS2021
Aspirant

I am seeing the same thing happening recently with my same setup. RBR850 and 2 RBS850's.  I have used them for a year with no issues and now it's a daily occurrence that the RBR appears to be rebooting.  Internet router continues to be online and connect, but SSID and connectivity to RBR/RBS drop and comes back in a couple minutes.

I'm on the latest Firmware for all 3 devices as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Message 2 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

@HomeUserguy @MikeS2021 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

Message 3 of 15
MikeS2021
Aspirant

Firmware is 4.6.7.13 on all 3.
Service provider is Spectrum, modem model E31T2V1.
Home is just over 4k sqft. Satellites are spread way out.

It’s all been working fine for over a year now.
Message 4 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Is there a front LED when this happends on the RBR?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Message 5 of 15
MikeS2021
Aspirant

Satellites are over 50ft from each other.
I believe the front of the router is pulsating blue/white until it reconnects.
Are there not log files to indicate what is going on with the device?

The last firmware was applied many months ago, but the issue is much more recent.
Message 6 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Is there a front LED when this happends on the RBR?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Try moving the RBS closer to the RBR, day 40 feet...

Message 7 of 15
InLV
Tutor

I started having the same issue about the same time. Nothing has changed with the physical set-up or devices connected.
The router has worked fine since 2019, but now keeps going offline many times a day for less than a minute to about 5 minutes. Did you get a resolution?
Message 8 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

What NG router model do you have? 

@InLV wrote:
I started having the same issue about the same time. Nothing has changed with the physical set-up or devices connected.
The router has worked fine since 2019, but now keeps going offline many times a day for less than a minute to about 5 minutes. Did you get a resolution?

Message 9 of 15
HomeUserguy
Aspirant

I have been dealing with this for many months now i get the same basic questions that are not related to anything.  I believe there its either firmware or HW issue on the device.

When a physical device plugged into the port losses internet it has nothing to do with distance and all the questions.

The problem is there is not enough logging on the device to tell if the device rebooted, crashed, or what happened.  I thought it might be the logged I had enabled filling up and causing a reboot to flush so i turned it down.  However, I get at least 1 time per day when my internet drop.

The SSID stops Broadcating, and physical or wifi enabled device drop for about 1 minute or so.  I can pull the power and reboot which fixes it or it comes backonline in1-2 minutes which tells me the router rebooted or crashed.

Message 10 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Please make a new forum post and we'll help you out. Copy and paste your information.

Thank you. 

@HomeUserguy wrote:

I have been dealing with this for many months now i get the same basic questions that are not related to anything.  I believe there its either firmware or HW issue on the device.

When a physical device plugged into the port losses internet it has nothing to do with distance and all the questions.

The problem is there is not enough logging on the device to tell if the device rebooted, crashed, or what happened.  I thought it might be the logged I had enabled filling up and causing a reboot to flush so i turned it down.  However, I get at least 1 time per day when my internet drop.

The SSID stops Broadcating, and physical or wifi enabled device drop for about 1 minute or so.  I can pull the power and reboot which fixes it or it comes backonline in1-2 minutes which tells me the router rebooted or crashed.

Message 11 of 15
InLV
Tutor

Same for me, router worked without any issues since purchased in 2019. Since February it goes offline many times a day. I get notifications from one of my Wi-Fi thermostats that it lost connection. If I check router via app, it shows it's offline. This lasts for several minutes and then comes back online and everything is good again. Nothing has changed with my setup, physically or otherwise so also don't believe all of the separation and SF of house has anything to do with it. Router says it's up to date. Either something has changed with firmware or it's faulty router.

Message 12 of 15
InLV
Tutor

It's a Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router

Message 13 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AC (WiFi5) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi (RBK10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 Series). Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/bd-p/Orbi

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

@InLV wrote:

It's a Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router

Message 14 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 

@HomeUserguy wrote:

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7