Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1750 to BSR750 upgrade tips

Floridaham
Follower

AC1750 to BSR750 upgrade tips

I currently have a AC1750 router supported by 2 range extenders.  I have purchased an RBS750 router to replace the Nighthawk.  I have assigned multiple devices, their own ip address so when the power is back on, the device doesn't get assigned a different IP address.  Is there ANY way that the data in the ac1750 can be transferred to the RBS750, without having to reset all devices individually? There are over 30 devices from IP cameras to smart plugs.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: AC1750 to BSR750 upgrade tips

I wouldn't use a backup but you could always use the same ssid/password as the original router so devices auto-connected. 

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: AC1750 to BSR750 upgrade tips

There is no known method to extract a device assignment table from a Nighthawk router and import it into an Orbi router.

@plemans is "Spot On" that a best practice is to use exactly the same SSID/password for the new system as the one it is replacing so that none of the actual device configurations have to be edited.  That would be some chore!

I would print out a screen shot of the Nighthawk IP assignment table. Then, set up the Orbi router not connected to the internet and not changing the SSID/password while I create the IP assignment table (On the Advanced Tab, Setup, LAN Setup menu)  After the entire device table is entered and "APPLY" clicked, then change the SSID/password and swap the routers.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7