Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AX4200/RBK7535 After installing my orbi mesh system, my garmin will not longer sync with spotify

zuzurube
Aspirant

AX4200/RBK7535 After installing my orbi mesh system, my garmin will not longer sync with spotify

After installing my Orbi mesh network - AX4200/RBK753S, my garmin forerunner 245 music fitness watch will no longer sync spotify music playlists.  It starts, stalls and fails music sync.  Garmin says their products only work on channels 1-11 (2.5 ghz).  Any suggestions besides returning my watch?

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: AX4200/RBK7535 After installing my orbi mesh system, my garmin will not longer sync with spotify

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz on the RBRs web page. 

Devices that are only 2.4Ghz supporting, will only see and use 2.4Ghz signals. WIll never ever see 5Ghz. 

Try setting CTS to 2347 under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 2 of 6
brianesmith92
Aspirant

Re: AX4200/RBK7535 After installing my orbi mesh system, my garmin will not longer sync with spotify

Were you ever able to resolve this issue with your Garmin syncing and the Orbi mesh WiFi?

I am also experiencing issues and have narrowed it down to something with the Orbi system. My watch will syn on other open Wifi systems. For some reason it doesn't like something on the Orbi Wifi. It is like it times out after a few seconfs of trying to sync.

I changed the 2.4Ghz channel to 1, 6, and 11 and that didn't help. I also changed the CTS to 2347. 

Just wondering if you found a solution.

Thanks!
Brian

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Try disabling AX mode on the RBR? 

What FW version is loaded on the Orbi AX system? 

@brianesmith92 wrote:

Were you ever able to resolve this issue with your Garmin syncing and the Orbi mesh WiFi?

I am also experiencing issues and have narrowed it down to something with the Orbi system. My watch will syn on other open Wifi systems. For some reason it doesn't like something on the Orbi Wifi. It is like it times out after a few seconfs of trying to sync.

I changed the 2.4Ghz channel to 1, 6, and 11 and that didn't help. I also changed the CTS to 2347. 

Just wondering if you found a solution.

Thanks!
Brian

Message 4 of 6
zuzurube
Aspirant

Unfortunately, I was unable to figure out a workable solution.  Therefore, I had to return my Garmin (which was a bummer) and buy to a Galaxy Active2 watch.  I have had no problems with my Galaxy Active2 syncing with Spotify. 

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like a probem with Garmin and working with Orbi signals. Glad you found a working device that does. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7