Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Admin password using alphanumeric letters

aktirak
Follower

Admin password using alphanumeric letters

I am trying to setup my new Orbi AX4200 router with one satellite.  I get through most of the setup, everything seems connected.  I get to the customization part where it has me set a new name for the router as well as a password.  That works fine.  Then the next part has me set a new admin password.  The user name it seems has to remain as admin and everytime I try and put a new password, even though it follows all the rules of being at least 10 characters long and includes at least 1 uppercase and one lowercase letter, it then tells me that the password must contain only alphanumeric (english only) characters.  I literally only put in normal letters and no special characters.  No matter what I type I can't get passed this part of the setup.  Any one have any ideas?

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Admin password using alphanumeric letters

Is this using a web browser? 

What browser are you using? Same thing happens with MS Edge or Firefox? 

Try using Password123 and see if this will pass for the admin. You can change this later on. 

Message 2 of 3
Sidmar
Aspirant

Re: Admin password using alphanumeric letters

Have your orbi system on. Connect to it via wifi. Open up chrome browser, and go to orbilogin.com.

If you are on smart phone, you might get a page that states download app. Ignore that message, and look at bottom where it has a link that states if you do not have a smartphone. Click on it, and it will send you to page in order to enter new password
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7