Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: American Orbi Ax4200 2-pack in Australia - will it work?

GunSlingerAUS
Aspirant

American Orbi Ax4200 2-pack in Australia - will it work?

Hey folks, Just purchased the NETGEAR Orbi Ax4200 Tri-Band Mesh Wi-Fi System (2-Pack) for use in Australia from an American supplier. However, it will have the US firmware, and I've just been informed by friends that this isn't verified to work in Australia. It's too late to refund the purchase, as it's in transit, so I was wondering:

1.) Is it safe for me to use this here? I wouldn't want to infringe on any important RF in Australia.

2.) Will it work here in Australia? I'll obviously need to get power adaptors.

3.) If it does work, what features will I miss out on? I've heard that US WiFi routers don't have a couple of the channels that we use in Australia, but that's the only difference I've heard of.

If it isn't going to work, is there anything I can do to make it?

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

@GunSlingerAUS wrote:

Hey folks, Just purchased the NETGEAR Orbi Ax4200 Tri-Band Mesh Wi-Fi System (2-Pack) for use in Australia from an American supplier. However, it will have the US firmware, and I've just been informed by friends that this isn't verified to work in Australia. It's too late to refund the purchase, as it's in transit, so I was wondering:

1.) Is it safe for me to use this here? I wouldn't want to infringe on any important RF in Australia. It may have a region select option on the RBRs web page. 

2.) Will it work here in Australia? I'll obviously need to get power adaptors. Anything will work as long as the power supply meets the criteria.

3.) If it does work, what features will I miss out on? I've heard that US WiFi routers don't have a couple of the channels that we use in Australia, but that's the only difference I've heard of. I don't think you'll miss out on any features. However not sure if Armor or Circle are suppored on your region.

If it isn't going to work, is there anything I can do to make it? No.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

@GunSlingerAUS wrote:

1.) Is it safe for me to use this here? I wouldn't want to infringe on any important RF in Australia. It may have a region select option on the RBRs web page. 

2.) Will it work here in Australia? I'll obviously need to get power adaptors. Anything will work as long as the power supply meets the criteria.

3.) If it does work, what features will I miss out on? I've heard that US WiFi routers don't have a couple of the channels that we use in Australia, but that's the only difference I've heard of. I don't think you'll miss out on any features. However not sure if Armor or Circle are suppored on your region.

If it isn't going to work, is there anything I can do to make it? No.

Message 2 of 6
champo
Aspirant

Hey mate,

Just wondering how you ended up faring with the US model in Australia? In a similar position...

Any issues with connecting to local devices, channels, power supply, etc.?

Cheers

Message 3 of 6
GunSlingerAUS
Aspirant

It's running like an absolute dream. I bought two $10 plug adaptors, and the rest was perfect. Getting 800Mbps downloads via my 1000/50 NBN plan. I couldn't be happier!

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad its working out well for you. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@GunSlingerAUS wrote:

It's running like an absolute dream. I bought two $10 plug adaptors, and the rest was perfect. Getting 800Mbps downloads via my 1000/50 NBN plan. I couldn't be happier!

Message 5 of 6
champo
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick response! Great to hear it is working well for you.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7