Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CTS/RTS Threshold with firmware V3.2.15.32_1.3.25

dtay
Luminary

CTS/RTS Threshold with firmware V3.2.15.32_1.3.25

After running the CTS/RTS threshold setting at 64 for about two weeks now, I think I'm going to switch back to 2347.  I'm starting to see some unexplained drops or disconnects on Wi-Fi, such as my Foscam R2 camera (2.4 GHz; high ping times in the 2000's range), my Google Pixel 4 XL (5 GHz, 802.11ac) and a new Ring Doorbell Pro (typically connects at 5 GHz, also on 802.11ac).

Anybody here running CTS/RTS at 64 and not having issues?  Satellites are on wired backhaul, about 49-50 devices.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CTS/RTS Threshold with firmware V3.2.15.32_1.3.25

L been running CTS 64 as well. Thought I saw two disconnects with one 3rd gen NEST controller last week with in a two hour period. The controller has been up and online since and not issues seen. Also have 3 D-Link cameras as well. I camera saw two disconnections Tuesday in a 5 minute period however has been online since then and hasn't seen any issues. 

Someting to change back to 2347 and track the behavior to compare with CTS 64. 

Also possible problems can be caused by wifi neighbors. If you have any, how many do you have near by and what channels are they using? 

Also try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7