Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cable service at 200mps but LANs out of Orbi WiFi 6 router max 95 MPs?

MikeG1961
Aspirant

just got my Orbi WiFi 6 ultra performance WiFi router.  My service is a 200 mps spectrum cable modem.   I did a speed test on the Orbi app and it is showing above 220 mps.    I have my laptop wired to one of the router's LAN ports and my moca wired to a lan port.   Running the speed check on my laptop the best it is getting is 95 mps?   Any suggestions on what is wrong and how to fix?

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Cable service at 200mps but LANs out of Orbi WiFi 6 router max 95 MPs?

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has the ISP modem and RBR and PC been powered OFF for 1 minutes then back ON with the modem first, then RBR and PC? 

Be sure the LAN cable is of good quality. CAT6 is recommended. 

Be sure nothing else connected to the RBR is streaming during speed testing. 

Be sure your wired PC is connecting at 1000Mbps connection rates. 

Message 2 of 6
MikeG1961
Aspirant

Thank you for your recommendations.   I'm gonna change to the cat 6 cables as mine are just old cat 5 I had in the house.    When I installed the orbi I updated to newest firmware but the version number is different then yours.   Also when I bought the system it said RBK852 but on the App it labels it as an RBR750.   Is there something I am missing here?

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Have you checked your cable? Sounds like you're connecting at 10/100mbps and not gigabit. 

Maybe you're using a cat5 cable and not cat5e or greater. 

Not sure what the moca adapter is doing in there? Are you going router----moca adapter-----laptop? 

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What version of FW did you install? 

What model # is printed on the box? 852 or 752? 

CAT 6 will be great. What I use. 

@MikeG1961 wrote:

Thank you for your recommendations.   I'm gonna change to the cat 6 cables as mine are just old cat 5 I had in the house.    When I installed the orbi I updated to newest firmware but the version number is different then yours.   Also when I bought the system it said RBK852 but on the App it labels it as an RBR750.   Is there something I am missing here?

Message 5 of 6
Chuck_M
Mentor

Very well may be a limitation of the Laptop and not Orbi.   

If the laptop has an adapter that is able to go more than 100 meg, double check to ensure it is configured properly and has current drivers.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7