Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can connect to satellite but not router

mbt90
Tutor

Can connect to satellite but not router

First post here, and a newbie so apologize if information is missing. Anyway, here goes:

Setup: Modem --> RBR750 --> RBS750

Problem: Have been running smoothly until a couple of days ago, where suddenly the I have no internet access through wireless connection to router. If I connect through the satellite I experience no problem.

Can't seem to find a similar problem when I search.

Extra question: Which switch do you use for backhaul connection? I've read something about the switch needing to be non-managed and non-green, is that correct? It's hard finding these terms described when searching for switches.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
mbt90
Tutor

Re: Can connect to satellite but not router

I just saw that a firmware update was pushed a couple of days ago, a factory reset seems to have done the trick.

What modem is it? No idea, something supplied by the internet supplier. I have fiber internet.

What firmware is on the router and on the satellites? The latest, I can see that an update was pushed approx. 4 days ago.
Do wired devices on the route work fine? No wired devices.

What switch do you have? No switch (yet)
And its setup using a wired backhaul? It wasn't, it is now 🙂
Is the satellite wired into the lan port of the router? It is now. Is that not basically the same question as above?

Can you recommend a non-managed, non-green switch that is not quite as expensive as yours? 😄

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What modem is it? 

What firmware is on the router and on the satellites?
Do wired devices on the route work fine? 

What switch do you have? 
And its setup using a wired backhaul? 
Is the satellite wired into the lan port of the router? 

Message 2 of 6
mbt90
Tutor

I just saw that a firmware update was pushed a couple of days ago, a factory reset seems to have done the trick.

What modem is it? No idea, something supplied by the internet supplier. I have fiber internet.

What firmware is on the router and on the satellites? The latest, I can see that an update was pushed approx. 4 days ago.
Do wired devices on the route work fine? No wired devices.

What switch do you have? No switch (yet)
And its setup using a wired backhaul? It wasn't, it is now 🙂
Is the satellite wired into the lan port of the router? It is now. Is that not basically the same question as above?

Can you recommend a non-managed, non-green switch that is not quite as expensive as yours? 😄

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

I've used a multitude of switches and haven't had any issues. 

I'd just pick up a cheap non-managed switch and you should be fine. 

Like I said, i've tried quite a few different non-managed and never had one have issues. 

So you should be pretty safe. Just pick a decent non-managed gigabit that has the port layout/amount that you want. 

So you have the router working now?

If so, I'd mark it solved so others aren't still trying to fix this 🙂 

Message 4 of 6
mbt90
Tutor

I do, thanks!

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7