Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

That firmware version was V4.6.8.2

mattg1960
Star

Can't Update Satellite Firmware to Match Router

Thanks to Christina I was able to update the router firmware and it has mostly solved the problem, although I have had internet disconnections but they are no longer multiple times per day.

When I try to manually update the satellite firmware I get a pop-up window that times out before I can browse to select the file posted by FURRYe38.

The router firmware isV4.6.8.2 and the satellites are V4.6.5.14.

Any Ideas?

I kind of hate to pursue it as I have a 'good enough' solution...but I'd like the firmware of the RBR750 router and RBS750 satellites to match.

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can't Update Satellite Firmware to Match Router

Try downgrading the RBR to v.14. 

Have the v.2 RBS FW files at the ready on a PC once the RBR is downgraded long enough to get the RBS updated:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/RBK750-and-850-Series-Firmware-Versi...

Message 2 of 5
mattg1960
Star

My router was updated by Christine to V4.6.8.2.

Since it (mostly) works, I do not want to mess with it.

I would just like my satellite firmware to match the router.

I downloaded RBS750-V4.6.8.2-signed.chk from your post but cannot apply it to the satellites because the pop-up window times out.

Why can I not choose the new file that you provided?

That is my question...thanks.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What popup window timing out are you seeing? 

Please post a screen capture of what your seeing.

What browser are you using? Try MS Edge, Firefox or Opera

Message 4 of 5
mattg1960
Star

That firmware version was V4.6.8.2

I asked Christine to push the NG 'fix' to my router so that I could use the app and log in to the router via a browser. That firmware version was V4.6.8.2.

I would have to check to see what it was before that. Either way, the new NG firmware let me use the app and the browser, which was great.

It also mostly solved the constant rebooting issue, although it has occurred.

Since it is now working, I don't know that I want any of my firmware to be V4.6.5.14.

It seems like I would want all of it to be V4.6.8.2 on both satellites and router.

I've had an issue with timing out when trying to manually update the satellites, but may try using a different browser in a couple of days when I can afford the down-time in case something goes wrong.

But I agree...this was poorly handled by such an established networking company...

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7