Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cant connect to router but router is still working.

FURRYe38
Guru

Agree. v2 was out on 4-27 when I first posted it for manual download. I and others had it loaded on or around this date. Saw no issues with web page access. I believe the problem started for those that had not updated to it manually on or around 5-5 or 5-6 when NG turned on or started Auto updating users systems and those that had not already updated. Seems like the AU or something behind the scenes got glitched and caused the RBRs web page to be un-accessible from this point. Resets resolved the issue for most. NG seems to have the ability to fix this as well as someone on Reddit posted they contacted NG support and they fixed it on there side with out having to do a factory reset. 

Message 51 of 55
mayecho
Tutor

This seems to be a problem affecting thousands of users. A factory reset is the only solution working for people that must access the admin section. This is completely unacceptable and Netgear should be honest and open with what they are doing to fix this problem. I have several orbi's across the state and it would be very expensive for me to factory reset each one. 

WE NEED A CLEAR STATUS UPDATE FROM NETGEAR. 

Message 52 of 55
MikeS2021
Aspirant

As of a couple days ago, for me, the issue has gone away.  I only noticed an update to the mobile app.  Since then, I can control all devices with the mobile app and log into the orbilogin.com site again.

I opted not to do a factory reset as everything continued to technically work and I didn't want to re-configure everything. Hopefully the same solution is rolling out to all users quickly.

Message 53 of 55
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@mayecho wrote:

This seems to be a problem affecting thousands of users. A factory reset is the only solution working for people that must access the admin section. This is completely unacceptable and Netgear should be honest and open with what they are doing to fix this problem. I have several orbi's across the state and it would be very expensive for me to factory reset each one. 

WE NEED A CLEAR STATUS UPDATE FROM NETGEAR. 

Message 54 of 55
FarmerBob1
Luminary

I had this issue once way back. The first thing I did was to reinstall the FW, once I got back into the RBR. But I did a 30/30/30 on all APs; re-updated all APs; Power Cycled all, but left the Sats unplugged while I set up the RBR; once set up I plugged in the Sats and let the system bake for a while. And doing the "Dreaded FW Install" has kept me from having many of the problems that are being posted. The only issues that have popped up are if the FW breaks or changes something.

Message 55 of 55
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7