Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connecting Additional Satellites

JAFavata
Follower

Connecting Additional Satellites

How Many satellites can I add to the system? I currently have the one modem plus two satellites. 

Second, Can I add a newer satellite to the older system RBR50. From a RBK7535-100nas? I would like to purchase the new Costco version but it looks like an upgade. The plan was to keep the second router for a backup and add the two other satellites to the overall system. 

Thanks!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Connecting Additional Satellites

@JAFavata wrote:

How Many satellites can I add to the system? I currently have the one modem plus two satellites. 

Second, Can I add a newer satellite to the older system RBR50. From a RBK7535-100nas? I would like to purchase the new Costco version but it looks like an upgade. The plan was to keep the second router for a backup and add the two other satellites to the overall system. 

Thanks!

From Netgear:

a maximum of six satellites to your Orbi WiFi system with a maximum of two satellites in a daisy chain. You can add more than six satellites, but more than six satellites might negatively affect performance.

AX systems are not compatible with AC systems. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Connecting Additional Satellites

Please post about any Orbi AX questions over in the Orbi AX forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Good Luck. 

@JAFavata wrote:

Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7