Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Constant Amber Power LED

Dolphins
Aspirant

Constant Amber Power LED

Trying to set up the ORBI Router for the first time, the router when plugged into the power supply the power led light stays in a solid amber state. I have tried swapping the power supply with the satellite unit no change. Both power supplies power up the satellite unit.
I have tried utilizing the ORBI app to set up but the router is not sending out a WiFi network signal.

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Constant Amber Power LED

What model Orbi do you have? 

If you just got it, you may need to return it for another set. 

Message 2 of 8
Dolphins
Aspirant

RBR750 the unit was given to me, it was working when we disconnected at the persons home.
Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?f

Power OFF the RBR and disconnect it from the modem and ALL other wired devices. Power ON the RBR by it self. Does the back LED remain amber? Give it a good minute to see if it turns GREEN.

Message 4 of 8
Dolphins
Aspirant

Thank You for the assistance. I do not know the firmware version. Modem is a spectrum Arris TM1602A. I have followed your advice several times this afternoon, tried resetting all the ways I could find while researching.I have left the unit plugged in for over an hour to no avail. I was hoping I could at least get connected to the modem so the firmware would possibly load automatically. I followed the steps you had mentioned. I tried to update via my desktop, but I cannot get my CMD to acknowledge the inputs after I turned on the TFTP, I was hoping to transfer over that way.

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

IF two different power supplies are not working, I presume the RBR is faulty. Don't know why the RBR would suddenly fail like this...

Message 6 of 8
plemans
Guru

@Dolphins wrote:

I tried to update via my desktop, but I cannot get my CMD to acknowledge the inputs after I turned on the TFTP, I was hoping to transfer over that way.

where does it fail in the process?

go through what you did in the process (screen snip) so we can see the errors and what you did. 

Where did you put the firmware file on the computer? And did you extract it before trying tftp?

There's lots of spots in which tftp can get messed up. Plus it can be sensitive to timings. Sometimes you have to try a few times to get the timing right. 

Did you try nmrpflash?

https://github.com/jclehner/nmrpflash

Message 7 of 8
Dolphins
Aspirant

Thanks again for supporting, I am home for the afternoon and I will attempt to learn and understand as I am not the most technical savvy as I assumed Y'all have assumed.

I have pulled out the MACBOOK and I have attempted to update the firmware from this suggested page: https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

I also attempted your suggestion and and downloaded from this site and all I can get is the source code and process completed in the Utilities app, Sorry I am ignorant on how to show you a print screen.

https://github.com/jclehner/nmrpflash

Somewhere I read that I need to update the firmware on the satellite receiver before the router.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7