Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DHCP Internet Issues

DwayneW
Guide

DHCP Internet Issues

Hope this helps someone. I have experienced issues with devices losing their IP address and same with my Orbi RBR850 and satellites.

Happened back in October 2022 and again last week.

After many hours and process of elimination by powering down each of my 80+ devices to identify what device was interfering with the Orbi DHCP, it turns out to be the Chamberlin myQ garage door opener.

Once that was powered down, all devices were happy once and for all.

So if you have issues like me and I have seen many on this forum with similar issues who list the myQ device as well. I suggest you power down the myQ and see if that fixes your issue.

MyQ device is: MYQ-G0401-E

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
smartboot
Initiate

You aren't alone with this.  Just bought a MyQ and found the same weird thing where despite resetting the NightHawk and resetting the internet cable that with MyQ connected certain other things like my phone could no longer connect to the Wifi.  Powering down MyQ and restarting NightHawk everything then connects again (I don't have 80 things but do have 30 things conneced).   I could then power up and reconnect the MyQ.  What I've done for now is isolate it onto my guest wifi which is 2.4 GHz.  The house private wifi was set up as Smart, but even when I undid that the myQ was messing things up.  Would love to know what the issue is here

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
Mikey94025
Hero

Congratulations on finding the misbehaving device in your home network.  Have you tried doing a factory reset of your MyQ device and then correctly configuring its network?  Many customers use MyQ without problems in their Orbi network (including myself) so it's worth exploring whether something unique to your device's configuration was causing your network issues.

Message 2 of 8
DwayneW
Guide

I have a friend as well with the same setup and no issue.

Have not yet done factory reset on myQ, wanted to let the network rejoice before introducing that back in…but will do and update in a few days.
Message 3 of 8
DwayneW
Guide

So today rejoined the myQ device back to my wireless network. So far no issues detected and that is good.

It has been 10 hours and no issues. Prior to the resetting Wi-Fi on the device, it would almost immediately cause issues.

Life is good once again.
Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 5 of 8
smartboot
Initiate

You aren't alone with this.  Just bought a MyQ and found the same weird thing where despite resetting the NightHawk and resetting the internet cable that with MyQ connected certain other things like my phone could no longer connect to the Wifi.  Powering down MyQ and restarting NightHawk everything then connects again (I don't have 80 things but do have 30 things conneced).   I could then power up and reconnect the MyQ.  What I've done for now is isolate it onto my guest wifi which is 2.4 GHz.  The house private wifi was set up as Smart, but even when I undid that the myQ was messing things up.  Would love to know what the issue is here

Message 6 of 8
DwayneW
Guide

I have to agree for reason's unknown for now, moving the myQ to the Guest Network, has brought stability back to my network.  What was even more disappointing, is Netgear's Gearhead Premium support in this matter.

But hey, network is happy, wife and kids as well.

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Interesting. Wonder why your device would be causing problems when connected to the main Wifi network...

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7