Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Downgrade and then disable auto update rbr750

TimCakir
Star

Downgrade and then disable auto update rbr750

Hey guys, abour a year ago I was lucky to find an amazing post on how to downgrade to a stable firmware and disable auto update.

It worked for around a year until I moved and made the mistake to factory reset 😢 now back to small cuts that mess up all my calls.

I would love to find that post again but I cant find it on my bookmarks or history.

Please help RBR 750 back to crap 😢

Please @Fury? Anybody?
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Downgrade and then disable auto update rbr750

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Current and last version of FW now supports disabling of Automatic Updates...

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch.

Message 2 of 6
TimCakir
Star

Hey, ive tried it all, its the same as last year and I have enough of wasting hours of my life on making this netgear boxes work. 

Do you remember that article? about downgrading to 3. something version? That had worked wonders until I made a mistake and factory resetted it all. 

Please? 

That was the solution, you were in that discussion it was September last year. 

Please

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Disabling of FW updates is only supported if v4.6.9.11 and beyond. 

Orbi 7 and 8 systems work on this version of FW. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/RBR750-unable-to-assign-IP-addresses...

Message 4 of 6
MichaelCL
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue...
The RBR750 is dropping the internet connection on wired and wireless every few minutes. I updated bot the RBR and RBS750 to the latest firmware. It seems to be less frequent, but it's dropping every 10-20 min now. I know it's the Orbi as I have a stable connection to the built in wifi of my cable modem.

Message 5 of 6
MichaelCL
Aspirant

I was just on with support and they told me to change the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and wait for 24 hours to see if it happens again.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7