Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Enable Email Logging and Router Reboots

FURRYe38
Guru

Too ALL in this thread, Orbi 7 and 8 series v4.6.9.11 has been released today. I've tried this version of FW and can confirm that the mysterious reboots no longer happen with email logging disabled after a factory reset. Hope this works for everyone else that saw this issue on prior versions of FW.

Message 51 of 56
dtay
Luminary

Thanks for the heads up!  I see they finally added this feature that everyone has been asking for. 🙂

• Adds an auto-firmware upgrade enable/disable option 
Message 52 of 56
quaywe
Tutor

Wow that's great news. Thanks for the heads up. I'll give it a try and report back.

Message 53 of 56
donawalt
Virtuoso

@FURRYe38 , question….if emailing the logs is turned off, what happens when the log fills- is it just cleared?

Message 54 of 56
FURRYe38
Guru

We believe that's what is supposed to happen. What is actually happening maybe something else. We've found some odd things in the Orbi logging realm. 😒

Message 55 of 56
CrimpOn
Guru

@donawalt wrote:

If emailing the logs is turned off, what happens when the log fills- is it just cleared?

The log is a finite size. As new entries are added, the oldest entries are deleted.  The file is still there even if the user never opens the web page to look at the log.  Likewise, emailing the log file is an option that can be turned on or off.  There is an option to clear the log, which removes all existing entries, at which point the log begins filling up again and resumes keeping the most recent entries.

Message 56 of 56
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7