Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ethernet Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration

Dazza762
Luminary

Ethernet Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration

Hi. I'm having issues with a wired connection from a satalite in my RBK753 system. It keeps losing connection and stating it doesn't have a valid IP configuration. The connected laptop is a Windows 11 machine. I've had no issues using a wired conneciton to a Mac with the other satalite in the system. 

Anybody got an suggestions? The reason I want to use a wired connection is that on wireless, the laptop keeps swithcing between satalite casuing disruption to the connection so I want to use a wired connection so it only connects to the satalite in question. 

Message 1 of 12
plemans
Guru

If you swap the satellites or computers around, does the issue stay specific to that satellite or to the location? 

Message 2 of 12
Dazza762
Luminary

Seems to be specific to the satallite. Haven't swaped the satallites round but I've connected several devices to the other satallite via wired connection without issue. 

Message 3 of 12
plemans
Guru

What firmware is on the router and what version on the satellites? 

Have you tried factory resetting the satellite and re-syncing it? 

Message 4 of 12
Dazza762
Luminary

V4.6.5.14 on everything. I have deleted it from the system and added it as a new satallite though. 

Message 5 of 12
Dazza762
Luminary

It's not showing as out of sync on the router website and backhaul status is "good"

Message 6 of 12
plemans
Guru

You could try this version of the firmware. 

See if it helps with stability. 

New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version v4.6.7.5 Re... - NETGEAR Communities

Message 7 of 12
Dazza762
Luminary

Mmmm. I'm reticent to try newer firmware until it's showing as the current version on the Netgear support site for the product and last time i checked, that was the version I'm currently using. No issues with any other connections on any other devices so I'd rather try specific fixes for this one ethernet connection if possible. 

Message 8 of 12
plemans
Guru

I've been on the newer firmware for a while and its worked well on my system.

Not saying you should try it but there's not much to change in the settings for the satellite if one is working and the other not. 

You can try reinstalling your current firmware version in case it is corrupt. 

Message 9 of 12
Dazza762
Luminary

Thanks. Will try resetting the satallite and have a mess around with the ethernet settings on the windows machine. See if I can sort it without having to change too much for the rest of the network.

Message 10 of 12
Mikey94025
Hero

@Dazza762 wrote:

The reason I want to use a wired connection is that on wireless, the laptop keeps swithcing between satalite casuing disruption to the connection so I want to use a wired connection so it only connects to the satalite in question. 

It does sound like your satellite isn't setup properly within your Orbi system, however your Windows laptop wireless behavior is also aomalous.  You should not be experiencing disruptions to your wireless connection (even if you are moving around).  You could also look for Windows-specific solutions so you can use wireless, e.g., make sure you have the latest wireless drivers for your Windows networking device.

Message 11 of 12
Dazza762
Luminary

It's not actually my machine. I use Macs and never have any issue with either wired or wireless connections. I've checked that everything's up to date on the windows machine. I suspect it's an issue with the laptop rather than the satallite as everything else connected to it is fine. 

I'll reset all the network settings on the Windows machine and set them up from scratch. 

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7