Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Factory reset Orbi system

Dazza762
Luminary

Factory reset Orbi system

I want to do a full reset of my RBK753 system. Will erasing the router config in the admin website interface also wipe the attached satellites? The manual doesn't specify. I basically want to set the whole system up from scratch. 

Message 1 of 15
plemans
Guru

They'll need to be re-sync'd which will update them with the new settings. 

Message 2 of 15
Dazza762
Luminary

But they won't have been wiped along with the router? I'd like to get them all back to out of the box settings.

Message 3 of 15
plemans
Guru

You can always reset them as well if you'd like to ensure they're wiped. 

They've got a reset button. 

Message 4 of 15
Dazza762
Luminary

Yes, I've used the on device reset buttons on the satellites but noticed they were still showing on the admin page with the names I'd given them so assumed they hadn't been full factory reset.

Message 5 of 15
NGSvensk
Apprentice

@Dazza762 what version of firmware are you on?  I have seen the same issue however on the most resent version I think they fixed the reset.

Message 6 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

How are you resetting the RBR? Reset button or ERASE button on the RBRs web page?

@Dazza762 wrote:

Yes, I've used the on device reset buttons on the satellites but noticed they were still showing on the admin page with the names I'd given them so assumed they hadn't been full factory reset.

Message 7 of 15
Dazza762
Luminary

@FURRYe38 wrote:

How are you resetting the RBR? Reset button or ERASE button on the RBRs web page?

@Dazza762 wrote:

Erase on the admin web page. 

Message 8 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, Are you pressing the reset button on the RBS prior to use the ERASE on the RBR? I Found that resetting the RBS first, then when the front starts to blink white, turn OFF the RBS. Then go to ERASE on the RBR. ALL should be gone from the RBR. 
What browser are you using? I use MS edge mostly for initial set ups and ERASE. 

Message 9 of 15
Dazza762
Luminary

I reset the RBS's first but DIDN'T turn them off. I then eraced the RBR via the admin web page on Chrome. 

Message 10 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Possible there getting reconnected at some point during the RBRs reset process. Try turning them OFF first after they reset, then reset the RBR. 

Message 11 of 15
Dazza762
Luminary

Will do that next time. Even doing the imperfect way has got rid of few annoying things the system had started doing (or not doing when it should have been).

Message 12 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

OK, just making sure about the reset process. 

Hoping the FW update will make things better. I presume there maybe some more tuning needed by NG. 

Message 13 of 15
Dazza762
Luminary

Still on the current version on the NG download site. Seems relatively stable for me at the moment so I'll wait until the newer version has its offcial release and has been out in the wild for a while. 

Message 14 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7