Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Have to reset my router every other day

ScottEOsborn
Aspirant

Have to reset my router every other day

I got the  Orbi AXE11000 (3 RBKE963B units) and it's worked  great - up until 2 weeks ago.  Now my network goes out every other day and can only be fixed by resetting (power-cycling) the router.

To be clear - The Orbi hub is connected to a cable modem.  The internet doesn't go down on the cable modem, just the router quits responding, and to fix it I have to  power-cycle it (not re"link" the satellites).

Anyone else?  

In a related note, I tried contacting support - via email and chat - but the website doesn't  respond:  The page goes white, there's a spinning loading logo, then  I'm back on the "contact support" page again.

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

What channels are you using? 

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch.
I would power OFF the ISP modem for 1 minute. Factory reset the Orbi router and power it off. Power ON the ISP modem and let it sync. Then power ON the Orbi router and walk thru the setup wizard again using a wired PC and a web browser.
Press the back reset button for 15 seconds then release.

Message 2 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

@ScottEOsborn wrote:

In a related note, I tried contacting support - via email and chat - but the website doesn't  respond:  The page goes white, there's a spinning loading logo, then  I'm back on the "contact support" page again.

Oh, not good.  Can you please post the URL that creates this spinning logo?

This is something that was reached by starting with: https://www.netgear.com/support/ and selecting Contact Support, correct?

CrimpOn_0-1670134232427.png

Message 3 of 7
ScottEOsborn
Aspirant

Message 4 of 7
ScottEOsborn
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply Furry.  Pretty sure I'm using the orbi system  in the proper way - notice that it has worked perfectly fine for over a month - the question is "does anyone else experience this?"

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Well maybe however something may have changed. Might be a good idea to give feedback on the questions presented so we can help you figure this out. There are also subtle factors that can contribute to Orbi not working right. 

I haven't seen anyone else complain about this and also I saw 16days of solid uptime on my 9 series:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBRE960-RBSE960-Firmware-Version...

Message 6 of 7
ScottEOsborn
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply, then I can say it's either my hardware or how my network is set up.

FWIW I'm on the latest firmware (for both router and satellites)  6.3.7.5_3.2.25.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7