Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Hidden Port Forwarding values RBR760

tburba56
Tutor

Hidden Port Forwarding values RBR760

I changed ISPs to AT&T Fiber. I didn't want to use their equipment as I needed to continue with my Orbi760 with a number of static IP addresses. We did an IP Passthrough from the AT&T modem/router to the MAC address of the Orbi.  It kinda worked. So we reset the IP Passthrough again. The Orbi came up with an error indicating it had changed my network from 192.168.173.1 to 10.0.0.1 due to a conflict. Sigh

I went through the hassle of changing all my static addresses to the corresponding 10.0.0.xxx addresses. When I got to the port forwarding, none of the older forwards were listed. I tried to set them to corresponding TCP/UDP forwards to the new addresses and Orbi manager indicated I had a forward already to that Port... obviously to the 192.168.174.xxx 

However, I can't see them to be able to delete them. Is there any way to clear all the port forwards without having to do a Factory reset and reload all my configurations again? 

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
tburba56
Tutor

Re: Hidden Port Forwarding values RBR760

Thanks for spelling it all out for others that may read this later. Your answer is much more straightforward and complete.

I already had it set up with the IP Passthrough. I messed up by not clearing the routing table on the AT&T device by doing a reboot of it with the Orbi disconnected. I should have let the tech do the IP Passthrough AFTER rebooting the AT& T device.  The table would have been clean and not forced the 192.168.173.xxx to be reset to 10.0.0.xxx. That's all done now and seems everything is back working again. 
I appreciate your insight. Thanks again. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Not sure why the Orbi would have changed to 10.x pool range. Default IP pool range for NG routers is 192.168.1.1 not 192.168.173.x. Unless it's incorrectly detecting 192.168.1xx.x

.1.1 should work on Orbi. What happens if you manually change back to 192.168.1.1 on the RBR?

Message 2 of 6
tburba56
Tutor

Actually, it turned out to be the AT&T Modem/Router. Once connected to the Orbi, any settings regarding Port forwarding remained in the AT&T device routing table. No wonder I couldn't see them. Once I rebooted the AT&T device, then I could set the port forwards as I needed. Most everything is working. I still have an issue with my Channels DVR and port 8089 when I am away from my house. But I was able to set it. Before I got errors it was already set.  I'll have to dink around with that on something other than my cell. I may not have enough bandwidth on my mobile to run TV over cellular. May have to be wifi only. 

Thanks for responding

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

If your ISP Modem already has a built in router and wifi. This would be a double NAT (two router) condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop
Try option #2 first...Then you won't need to do any PF configurations on the RBR. Or use AP mode on the Orbi system.

Message 4 of 6
tburba56
Tutor

Thanks for spelling it all out for others that may read this later. Your answer is much more straightforward and complete.

I already had it set up with the IP Passthrough. I messed up by not clearing the routing table on the AT&T device by doing a reboot of it with the Orbi disconnected. I should have let the tech do the IP Passthrough AFTER rebooting the AT& T device.  The table would have been clean and not forced the 192.168.173.xxx to be reset to 10.0.0.xxx. That's all done now and seems everything is back working again. 
I appreciate your insight. Thanks again. 

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7