Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I delete inactive devices from the iOS Device Manager List?

Phyber
Luminary

How do I delete inactive devices from the iOS Device Manager List?

I have the Netgear AX4200 system. I would like to delete quite a few inactive devices from the Device Manager list on my iPad. Every time I click on the red Delete This Device it goes to the next page asking me to enable Parental Controls, which I don't use so it's disabled. The device won't delete from the Device List.

iPad Air 2 - iOS 15.7.1

Netgear app - 2.20.1.9

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: How do I delete inactive devices from the iOS Device Manager List?

If you remember the router password (not the WiFi password or the app password), it might be worth using the Orbi web browser interface (http://orbilogin.net) Log in with user name "admin" (which cannot be changed) and the admin password.  On the Advanced Tab, select the Security Menu and then Access Control.  Scroll down to find the list of devices that are Allowed but not currently connected.  Check the ones you want to go away and click Remove from the list.

(Hint: Access Control must be Enabled to modify the tables.)

This may seem strange, but the Orbi needs to remember every device that has been allowed to access the system in case the user decides to Enable Access Control at some future date.  Even if Access Control is not on right now, it might be turned on tomorrow.

Message 2 of 3
Phyber
Luminary

Re: How do I delete inactive devices from the iOS Device Manager List?

Thanks. I had forgotten about the Access Control on the Admin page. I was able to eventually delete the unused devices via the Orb iOS app. It just started working ok for some reason. Once I was done I quit and then logged back in to check the Device Manager and it was fine. I noticed that under the Filter option if I clicked on Status I got a nice looking page which listed the wired, 2.4GHz, and 5GHz organized by connection type. But once I quit, logged back in, and checked Status, the devices were listed, but only in alphabetical order instead of connection status, which I prefer. A-Z and Z-A works but status didn't, even tho the alphabetical ordering did list either wired or WiFi.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series