Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I can't sync RBR850 with RBS853

Abu_Shahd
Tutor

I can't sync RBR850 with RBS853

Hi evren body

I had RBR850 router working fine with its RBS850 but the coverage was not good so I bought used package RBK853 to add 2 satellites to existing system .but I failed to synchronize them to my RBR850. I tried most ways I could use .if any body can help mr I will be thankful.

thanks 

Message 1 of 16

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

You can get FW here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR850-RBS850-Firmware-Version-4...

Would be best to update the new 2nd system first by connecting the new system offline from the modem. You dont' need the system connected at all to the ISP modem. Update the RBS to v.5 then the RBR lastly. 

After the new system has been updated, update your system as well. RBS first then RBR lastly. 

After All is updated, the 2nd system RBS should then connect to the 1st system. I would turn off the 1st system RBS while you get the new RBS connected to the 1st RBR. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 16

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded between the two systems?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Can you get the RBS to connect to there RBR that they came with? 

FW will need to be the same version on RBS as what on your 1st RBR. 

Message 2 of 16
plemans
Guru

Have you tried hardwiring the rbs850's into the primary router and syncing them that router? Make sure when you sync them to have the same firmware versions. (shouldn't matter but some have found it helps)

Message 3 of 16
Abu_Shahd
Tutor

thank you for quick response

I discovered the used package is same as mine RBR850+ 2 RBS850 >>I don't know how to find FW for them unless I connect the 2nd package to my network as new mesh.

the answer to questions are:

What Firmware version is currently loaded between the two systems? the 1st system FW is V4.6.3.16

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT ( HUAWEI-5G) the NG router is connected too? yes if I understand your question.

Can you get the RBS to connect to there RBR that they came with? yes I'm using it now

FW will need to be the same version on RBS as what on your 1st RBR. I don'tknow how to get it for 2nd package ?

Message 4 of 16
Abu_Shahd
Tutor

yes I did connect one satellite with router by ethernet cable, but same problem

Message 5 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

You can get FW here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR850-RBS850-Firmware-Version-4...

Would be best to update the new 2nd system first by connecting the new system offline from the modem. You dont' need the system connected at all to the ISP modem. Update the RBS to v.5 then the RBR lastly. 

After the new system has been updated, update your system as well. RBS first then RBR lastly. 

After All is updated, the 2nd system RBS should then connect to the 1st system. I would turn off the 1st system RBS while you get the new RBS connected to the 1st RBR. 

Message 6 of 16
Abu_Shahd
Tutor

Thanks 

I will try to do update both systems as your instructions. But I didn’t see V.5 tha latest virgin is 4.6.8.5.is that what you mean.

Message 7 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes.

Message 8 of 16
Abu_Shahd
Tutor

it fails

this what I did

I connected the new package router to my modem and throughmy Mac I did setup as normal put it fails to sync any of 2 satellites comes with . so I hard reseted the router and 2 sat. put same I can't add any sat to the system to be able to update FW to latest .

I don't know what rong I did ? and how can I update FW without adding each sat to the system. I only can update router now but I didn't as per you suggestion.

please tell me what can I do because I am not so good in networking issues.

Not: the 1st system is working during the setup and I am using same ISP modem.

Message 9 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Does the RBS connect to the RBR using ethernet Lan cable? 

Message 10 of 16
Abu_Shahd
Tutor

No , I did connect RBR&RBS with Ethernet cable and tried to sync but failed.
Message 11 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Might need to return that 2nd system. 

Message 12 of 16
Abu_Shahd
Tutor

I will not give up with your help.
It will cost me about $100 to ship it back.
I will try to update the Router and do sync. with sat. Maybe it will work.
Message 13 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 14 of 16
Abu_Shahd
Tutor

I am so happy 😁

after updating Router to V.5 I was able to sync the other 2 sat. and update them too. finally I update my old system and sync. new 2 sat. to old system .I hav now RBR850 + 3 satellites working fine in my 2 stories house and the coverage is v.good .

thanks a lot for your support.

🙏🙏

Message 15 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7