Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Installing new router

sethm1
Guide

Installing new router

Currently i have the AC3000 (rbk50).

I bought the AX4200 3 pack (rbk753).

Is there a particular method/process in setting up the new router and satellites?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Installing new router

If you set specific channels on the RBR50 then you'll need to set them on the new RBR750. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend first setting up the RBR7 series using same SSID name and password used on the 50 series. 

Turn OFF the RBS50s and leave the RBR50 On. 

Connect the RBR7 series to the ISP modem and get it setup. Power OFF the ISP modem/ONT for 1 minute then back ON. 

Once the RBR750 is ON and ready, turn OFF the RBR50. All of your devices should connect to the 7 series RBR automatically. 

30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

Message 2 of 5
sethm1
Guide

Thx.

So then the old router settings including channel numbers will move over to the new router?

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

If you set specific channels on the RBR50 then you'll need to set them on the new RBR750. 

Message 4 of 5
jayeshm
Apprentice

A lot of the steps you will often read will be unnecessary.

Just keep in mind to use the same Wi-Fi SSID and password you did for the old one. Channel bands are rarely a bother now days, so you probably don't need to futz around with that. ( I live in a city with 21 million people and in a crowded condo. I rarely need to bother about channel management) 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7