Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

LG C3 tv takes a minute or so to connect to Orbi Wi-Fi.

brydona2
Aspirant

LG C3 tv takes a minute or so to connect to Orbi Wi-Fi.

Has anyone else experienced this?

When I had the tv connected to Verizon Fios the wi-fi would connect instantly upon turning the tv on.

I recently got Netgear Orbi and connected it to the tv via Wi-Fi and the tv takes about a minute or so to connect.

It’s not the worst thing I know but if I could fix that why not lol any ideas?

Is there maybe a setting on the tv or maybe in the Orbi app I can adjust to have it always be connected?

Message 1 of 2

Re: LG C3 tv takes a minute or so to connect to Orbi Wi-Fi.

@brydona2 wrote:

When I had the tv connected to Verizon Fios the wi-fi would connect instantly upon turning the tv on.

I recently got Netgear Orbi and connected it to the tv via Wi-Fi and the tv takes about a minute or so to connect.

I assume that this is a smart TV that is connecting to the WiFi from whatever Fios you had and that you have now removed the Fios from the network.

Is it just the TV that is slow to connect to the WiFi?

And when the TV is "off" is it just sleeping and still connected? Most are these days.

Is there maybe a setting on the tv or maybe in the Orbi app I can adjust to have it always be connected?

I'd look at the TV. I avoid WiFi where possible. (Powerline suits me better.) But I do know that TVs can be sensitive to network settings. Did you take your TV through the network configuration routine when you changes WiFi sources?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7