Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Latest firmware drops VOIP and MS TEAMS and Skype

FURRYe38
Guru

Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings...

Message 51 of 61
phusebox
Guide

Is there still no fix to this? I am working from home most of the time but whenever I have a Teams meeting I have to switch to mobile 4G because this 600 EUR router keeps dropping my calls randomly.

Message 52 of 61
FURRYe38
Guru

What are you CTS and RTS values set for? 

What version of FW are you using currently?

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Is Armor enabled? 

@phusebox wrote:

Is there still no fix to this? I am working from home most of the time but whenever I have a Teams meeting I have to switch to mobile 4G because this 600 EUR router keeps dropping my calls randomly.

Message 53 of 61
phusebox
Guide

These questions are ridiculous. Every router I had before never had any issues like this. The nighthawk r7000 that I owned before this was working flawlessly with Teams calls.

I have tried all the suggested CTS and RTS settings, they didn't help and all the did were slow down my connection or even had it stop working. 

Latest firmware. The modem never had issues. The distance is 10 meters. Manual channel settings based on multiple scans with inSSIDer.

It's just a crap router with buggy software.

Message 54 of 61
FURRYe38
Guru

Hmmm well, not having any problems with my Orbi AX here. Using teams currently. No issues seen. 

Make contact with NG support for additional help and information. 

Helps to answer or give feedback to questions presented. 

Good Luck. 

Message 55 of 61
Rudolph123
Aspirant

Should these issue be fixed with firmware upgrade 2.5.2.4? I'm still facing this issue when using Teams or Skype. I'm about to replace the Orbi, as I need a reliable wifi connection for my job.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 56 of 61
phusebox
Guide

Don't expect netgear to fix anything. The support of this premium product is a joke.

This mesh set has been nothing but trouble for me..
Message 57 of 61
Rudolph123
Aspirant

It worked well for me for the last two years (1xRBK50 and 2x RBS50). The last firmware upgrade has made this a completely unreliable network. With Covid-19 we are working with 4 people from home. Useless! Very disappointed!

Message 58 of 61
lw187
Guide

Which AX orbi are you on, Furry?

Message 59 of 61
FURRYe38
Guru

Since you have the Orbi AC model, please post about this over in the Orbi AC forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/bd-p/Orbi

Thank you. 

@Rudolph123 wrote:

It worked well for me for the last two years (1xRBK50 and 2x RBS50). The last firmware upgrade has made this a completely unreliable network. With Covid-19 we are working with 4 people from home. Useless! Very disappointed!

Message 60 of 61
FURRYe38
Guru

8 Series with 2 RBS.

@lw187 wrote:

Which AX orbi are you on, Furry?

Message 61 of 61
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 60 replies
  • 6 kudos