Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Lenovo Chromebook won't connect to Netgear Orbi AX4200 mesh system

bealbright
Initiate

Lenovo Chromebook won't connect to Netgear Orbi AX4200 mesh system

Today I purchased the Netgear Orbi AX4200 Tri-band Mesh WiFi System, Product Model RBR750 from Costco. I used the Netgear Orb app to set it up and was able to connect all of my devices (MacBook Pro, Roku devices, Fire Tablets, Apple Watches,Toshiba laptop, Thermostat) without issue except for my kids Lenovo Chromebook (version 84.0.4147.136). When I attempt to connect I'm getting this error message "Failed to connect to network. Unrecognized error: unknown-failure".

I've rebooted the machines, made sure the Chromebook is updated with the latest version, triple checked the passwords and am at a lost as to why these 2 Chromebooks refuse to connect. I was hoping to have the kids on this new connection as I'm already seeing better internet speed vs the Frontier router I have. School starts tomorrow and my wife and I are both working from home so really want to get this fixed soon.

Anyone have a solution? Thanks in advance.

Brent

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 4
bealbright
Initiate

I don't know what the "CTS/RTS Threshold" does or why it needs to be at the end of the spectrum but as soon as I made that update the Chromebooks connected. Thank you for sending me the article! Have a good evening.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements