Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: MK83 vs Orbi RBK753

SIndelas
Aspirant

MK83 vs Orbi RBK753

Hi all. I just purchased the Orbi RBK753  two weeks ago(Same price as the MK83 through a deal I got) and have not installed it. I now see there is a new Nighthawk Mesh tri band system. I went throught the specs and it seems the Orbi is faster with more attenans,  but the Orbi makes no mention of OFDMA support on the ORBI and was wondering if it had it. Does anyone know?

I also wanted to get peoples thoughts on the there view between the two. One thing is the Nighthawks have always been marketed for gaming. Since I do game, will the ORBI be just as good?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

The Orbi AX series from what I was told does NOT support OFDMA. 

Been gaming with my Orbi 8 series since 2019. After a year of bugging them about NAT Filter not working right they finally fixed it. Other then that, I have two xbox consoles connected to my system. No complaints. 

Message 2 of 4
SIndelas
Aspirant

Thanks. I returned mine due to compatablity issue with my ISP's router. My ISP router is very limited in what you can confure.  Thus,  I did not want to deal with double NAT issues and did not want to run the Orbi in AP mode since I wanted Netgear Armour.  

Thanks for your reply

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation