Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Mesh keeps dropping ALL connections

Swedcouple
Tutor

Mesh keeps dropping ALL connections

We have the RBR 750 with two satelites.  I have to say this is THE absolute worst tech product i have ever bought. Everything is just so extremely complicated to do. With most ethernet product its just plug and play when using a cable connection, but with these? Oh NO,, NOTHING have just worked right away even with cable. And all connections Cable and wifi keeps dropping every single day, sometimes i can get it back up and running after spending a good hour or two rebooting everything. 
And strange things like my Iphone is connected to the orbi network, but it shows no wifisymbol at the top?? And when entering the app it says ”no connection” to router, but data transfer works just fine, everything about this product is just a nightmare!!

Getting my robot vacuum to connect to this network took a good 3 hours of pure agony. Im guessing this has to be hardware failure somewhere, a premium product like this just can not be this incredibly bad., Extremely disapointed!!

Message 1 of 19
plemans
Guru

I've got one and its been pretty plug and play. 

What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

What firmware is on the router? And on the satellites? 

Why don't devices work when hardwired in? What error does it give you? 

Message 2 of 19
Swedcouple
Tutor

No error codes. Just internet connection lost.

Message 3 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

What firmware is on the router? And on the satellites? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Message 4 of 19
Swedcouple
Tutor

I have absolutely no idea what firmware it is. It is updated so i assume it is the latest. 

I have an incoming line of 500 mbps, measured to my wired pc i am getting 497 mbps. 

Measured over wifi close to the router i am getting 298 today, but that varies every single day, yesterday it was 390… distance to the first satelite on the groundfloor is about 17 meters, that one just measured 78 mbps!!! The next one on the second floor got 150 mpbs. I mean common! This is certainly not what i was expecting from this premium mesh system. In Sweden i paid the equiv of over 900 dollars for it, and this is the numbers it produces???

This just cant be right?

My house is around 200 square METERS and two stories.

Message 5 of 19
plemans
Guru

What gateway do you have it connected to? 

What firmware is important. Check on the firmware for both the satellites and the router. It wouldn't be the first time something has said its up to date when its not. 

And wifi speeds will vary greatly. 

5ghz speeds drop off quickly with distance and with obstructions.

2.4ghz is a much slower network and sensitive to interference. 

So you will get much different speeds. 

Plus you have to add in that each wireless device will perform different. A device that only has a 1x1 antenna setup will perform different than a 2x2 and it'll be more sensitive as well. 

The only reading that is really trustworthy is a hardwired. Wireless will be variable. Its why when I'm testing devices, I test at different locations and I run the test multiple times. I also check to see if i'm connected to the 2.4ghz or the 5ghz as 2.4 is really slow. 

Message 6 of 19
Swedcouple
Tutor

Ok but how can i know what band i am currently on? There is no option for choosing band here, when i tried connecting my robot vacuum that only works on 2,4 it was a nightmarish hassle that ruined a whole day… then when i just gave up after speaking to the support that also had NO solution the robot suddenly beeped and started working …No idea how ..

Message 7 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 8 of 19
Swedcouple
Tutor

How do i do that? I have no name and password for that?

Message 9 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you set up the system using the Orbi app? 

Try admin and password for the RBR log in page...

Message 10 of 19
Swedcouple
Tutor

Tried logging in on the ip adress of the router. Ofcourse it didnt work. Any ideas here is grateful… 

Message 11 of 19
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Cant login to router

Would help to know which product this is.

Enter the model number of the router in this web site, and it will lead to a link to the User Guide:

https://www.netgear.com/support/ 

Message 12 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

Wire connect a PC to the router and factory reset the router using the back push pin button. Hold it in for 15 seconds then let go. Wait for the WHITE led to slowly pulsate on top of the RBR, then log in to 192.168.1.1 or orbilogin.com using a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This time write down all important information for safe keeping later on.

Message 13 of 19
Swedcouple
Tutor

Will this cause my robot vacuum to loose its connection? Cause then this system will be factory reset with a sledgehammer 🤬

Message 14 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

After you set up the system and walk thru the setup wizard and input same SSID name and password, your devices will get re-connected. 

Id turn OFF the RBS as those won't need to be reset. Once the RBR is setup after the reset, just turn them back ON. 

Message 15 of 19
Swedcouple
Tutor

What setup process?? If i go to 192.168.1.1 there is just a popup window asking for name and password that doesnt work, there is nothing else! I am logged into the app but the webpage doesnt work…

Message 16 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

Wire connect a PC to the router and factory reset the router using the back push pin button. Hold it in for 15 seconds then let go. Wait for the WHITE led to slowly pulsate on top of the RBR, then log in to 192.168.1.1 or orbilogin.com using a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This time write down all important information for safe keeping later on.

Message 17 of 19
Swedcouple
Tutor

Well, as expected nothing of this works on the piece of **bleep** router… thousands all over the internet seems to have the same problem. Is there really no support for this crap?

Message 18 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 19 of 19
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7