Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NETGEAR Orbi Mesh WiFi 6 RBK752, wireless region set to "China" but system bought in I

Paolo_Coppi
Tutor

NETGEAR Orbi Mesh WiFi 6 RBK752, wireless region set to "China" but system bought in Italy

Hello,

I purchased the NETGEAR Orbi Mesh WiFi 6 RBK752 in Italy on Amazon but the region of the Wi-Fi is set to China without the ability to change it from Advanced -> Advanced -> Wireless Settings because the menu is grayed out.

Is it possible to change it or should I return it? Is it possible to do something? I'm afraid wireless performance is limited by this setting.

Greetings,
Paolo

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: NETGEAR Orbi Mesh WiFi 6 RBK752, wireless region set to "China" but system bought in I

Try a factory reset on the RBR and setup from scratch...

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Message 2 of 6
Paolo_Coppi
Tutor

Hello,

thanks for replying me.

SW version is V4.6.5.14_2.0.54

How should I perform factory reset?

Best regards,

Paolo

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Some regions lock their region settings. 

If yours is locked to the wrong region, you'll probably need/want to exchange it. 

You used to be able to telnet in and change it  with the burnsku command but telnet was locked out as well as I think it voids a warranty. 

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Press the reset button in back of the router for 15 seconds then release. Connect 1 wired PC to the back of the RBR and walk thru the setup wizard in a web browser pointed at 192.168.1.1, see if the language drop down menu items seen on the upper right hand corner can be changed to something else. If not, as suggested, send it back and get another for your region.

@Paolo_Coppi wrote:

Hello,

thanks for replying me.

SW version is V4.6.5.14_2.0.54

How should I perform factory reset?

Best regards,

Paolo

Message 5 of 6
Paolo_Coppi
Tutor

Okay… tried to factory reset but still locked on China so definitely not suitable for Italy! Sending it back to Amazon and going to buy a new one on Netgear official Italian store
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7