Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need Help! combine two RBK752 system

hwc238
Aspirant

Need Help! combine two RBK752 system

I have purchased two RBK752 systems (RBR750 *2 ,RBS750*2). One router set to router mode and the other set to AP mode, and all four of them connected with wired connection.   When I login to the router on web browser, I can see two satellite with wired connection and one orbi router disconnected on . However, I can see the AP router under the coneected device section(IP: 192.168.2.1). Then I connect my phone with the AP router wifi and login to the AP router, I was able to find the AP router IP 192.168.1.10. Can anyone reslove this problem? Much appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Need Help! combine two RBK752 system

Orbi systems are designed with the router unit (no matter what 'mode' it is in) as the root of a WiFi system and all the satellites attached to that root as satellites on the same network.  Even if they have identical names (SSIDs) and passwords, the two WiFi systems are independent.

It is not clear exactly how these units are 'wired' together.

If system A's two satellites are wired to router A, then they will appear on the Attached Devices table  for router A as satellites.

Router B will appear as an Orbi device on router A's Attached Devices table.

How router B's satellites are connected determines how they appear.

• If they are connected to router B, they will appear in router B's Attached Devices table as satellites.
  • If they are connected to router A, they will appear in router A's Attached Devices table as satellites.

Other manufacturers designed their products to be interchangeable, with any device acting as the 'router' and the rest acting as satellites.  Netgear designed their product where the 'router' is always the hub of the system.

Message 2 of 4
hwc238
Aspirant

Thank you for reply. My router A connect two satellites on two LAN ports and one B router on the third LAN port. My question is that the B router appears disconnected on the   A router device table. Can I use B router as a AP in the system?  

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements