Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netatmo Welcome camera issues with Orbi RBR752 (RBR750 router and RBS750 satellite)

rel234
Tutor

Netatmo Welcome camera issues with Orbi RBR752 (RBR750 router and RBS750 satellite)

This post is mostly to remember solution myself and maybe help someone else as I couldn't find anything in previous posts when faced these issues...

I have used Netatmo Welcome camera with different Netgear WiFi systems for many years. Once I upgraded to Orbi RBK752 (RBR750 router and RBS750 satellite, currently on firmware V4.6.5.14), Netatmo Welcome camera started to disconnect constantly, often refusing even to connect back at all.

First, I thought my Welcome camera has died finally. But no, when connected to a different WiFi it worked ok, so I figured it must be my new Orbi WiFi system then.

After many trials and errors, finally what solved issues completely, was changing 2.4Ghz preamble to Long in Orbi settings. Apparently, Welcome camera is using some old WiFi card on 2.4Ghz only and Orbi can not identify it correctly to apply Long preamble (I have always had preamble on Auto for all my previous systems). Changing to Long preamble has not had any side effects either - other devices have the same network speed and reliability.

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netatmo Welcome camera issues with Orbi RBR752 (RBR750 router and RBS750 satellite)

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you

Message 2 of 6
Mikey94025
Hero

I find that setting CTS/RTS Threshold to 2347 on Orbi AX systems works best for 2.4Ghz compatibility with older devices.  Go to orbilogin.com, Advanced tab, Advanced section, Wireless Settings and change CTS/RTS Threshold for 2.4Ghz.

If that doesn't improve things, consider disabling AX mode for 2.4Ghz (uncheck the box in Advanced tab / Setup / Wireless Setup).

Message 3 of 6
rel234
Tutor

Changing CTS/RTS and disabling AX mode did not have any effect in my case - Netatmo Welcome camera kept disconnecting. Problem was solved only by changing preamble to Long. 

Message 4 of 6
rel234
Tutor

Thanks, reposted there. Weirdly enough, RBK752 is not available in Model dropdown even there...

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

@rel234 wrote:

Changing CTS/RTS and disabling AX mode did not have any effect in my case - Netatmo Welcome camera kept disconnecting. Problem was solved only by changing preamble to Long. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7