Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

FURRYe38
Guru

Keep in contact with NG support. I'm sure they are aware of this by now. 

@RayBan_21 wrote:

Just an update to my issues - they're still the same, but I can also see that the satellites are acting up as well; disconnecting and re-connecting. I see that it has been mentioned by someone else here too.

I've been told twice that NG support will contact me, but still haven't heard anything yet.

It's too bad, as I still think that the Orbis was a good match for my home until this new FW.

I've tried all the tips mentioned in this thread without any luck.

After a while I also thought it could be my network provider having faulty equipment on their side, but got great support from them clarifying that it's all on my end.

Still thinking that with a fix I'd keep the Orbis, but if this is a sign of what one can expect after FW releases, I'm quite sceptic.

Message 151 of 525
Jeff-531
Guide

Zero parental controls.

Auto / 48 for channels.

CTS is 64 as I never changed the default. I get bumping it up but it shouldn't be kicking attached devices off the network / disconnecting my satellites nor should it make every device connect to the route when the satellites are up.  They are randomly going off the mesh and reconnecting.  As a matter of fact, I have two devices which cannot even join the network now. I've deleted them from the system and tried to have them join back - no dice with the main WiFi but can on Guest.

This is a QC issue and not a plug and play device at the moment.  

Message 152 of 525
Jeff-531
Guide

Forgot to answer the distance question but it is not relevant as the satellites are hardwired. They are in the same exact position they have been and were at before I upgraded from my 50,

Message 153 of 525
Mstrbig
Master

@RayBan_21 wrote:

Just an update to my issues - they're still the same, but I can also see that the satellites are acting up as well; disconnecting and re-connecting. I see that it has been mentioned by someone else here too.

There's nothing that can be done to correct the disconnects, except replace the units, unless Netgear comes up with a new firmware update that fixes it. I am experiencing the same issue personally and with a few customers that received pushed Firmware Version 4.6.3.7

I contacted @Blanca_O and @Christian_R and sent information requested, with no response to help. However I have been on the phone hours with Tech Support, who sent out 1 replacement Satellite. Unfortunately it doesn't help the frequent unpairing with the Satellites. And since downgrading is not an option, we are all in limbo waiting for a firmware patch. 

Note: Anyone with more than one RBS750 Satellite could have a Satellite get locked and unresponsive, due to Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 pushed update.

Message 154 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Try changing CTS to 2347 and try disabling AX mode on the RBR temporilty to see if the decices will connect and remain connected?

Are the RBS directly connected to the RBR or is there a LAN switch in between the RBR and RBS? if there is, what is the brand and model of this switch? 

Distance between the RBR and RBS is relavant in wireless or wired mode. Distance CAN impact operation in either mode. 

The more information we can get and get to NG the better. 

@Jeff-531 wrote:

Zero parental controls.

Auto / 48 for channels.

CTS is 64 as I never changed the default. I get bumping it up but it shouldn't be kicking attached devices off the network / disconnecting my satellites nor should it make every device connect to the route when the satellites are up.  They are randomly going off the mesh and reconnecting.  As a matter of fact, I have two devices which cannot even join the network now. I've deleted them from the system and tried to have them join back - no dice with the main WiFi but can on Guest.

Message 155 of 525
Jeff-531
Guide

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Try changing CTS to 2347 and try disabling AX mode on the RBR temporilty to see if the decices will connect and remain connected?

Are the RBS directly connected to the RBR or is there a LAN switch in between the RBR and RBS? if there is, what is the brand and model of this switch? 

Distance between the RBR and RBS is relavant in wireless or wired mode. Distance CAN impact operation in either mode. 

The more information we can get and get to NG the better. 

@Jeff-531 wrote:

Zero parental controls.

Auto / 48 for channels.

Yes there is a switch. It is not the issue as it is feeding everything else in the house for the wired network. If it was the issue, I'd have other issues.  Everything I can have wired is. Essentially it's modem-->router-->switch-->network feeds throughout the house.  

If connecting directly to the RBR is the solution, then Netgear has the issue as that is not acceptable networking on their end.

I've changed the CTS but still cannot re-connect some devices.

I appreciate the suggestions and I'm probably sounding argumentative and I apologize. Everything worked fine before 4.6.3.7 was forced.  It's probably been this way for a week+ and I discovered it on Tuesday when everything went crazy.  I downgraded the satellites, re-upgraded them and did two factory resets on the router. This is too much work for a home networking device.

Message 156 of 525
Donsuper
Star

I am having the same problem with you, connection between Orbi and satellite become unstable, it’s doesn’t show any lights when connection drop, it’s so strange.
I know it’s happening when my devices show weak WiFi signal, that’s mean I am not connecting the satellite in my room.
Message 157 of 525
RayBan_21
Star

I’ve been in touch with @Christian_R and provided details, given assurance that support would get in touch with me. Still radio silence.
Just can’t figure out why NG don’t communicate this as a known issue and provide any estimates for when a resolution is provided.
For a novice, average home user this is surely a good reason for returning the entire kit.
Starting to think I’m glad I still have my aging Google WiFi lying around and start (yet again) trawling the web for a new wifi 6 mesh solution that can cover my requirements…
Message 158 of 525
Jeff-531
Guide

@RayBan_21 wrote:
I’ve been in touch with @Christian_R and provided details, given assurance that support would get in touch with me. Still radio silence.
Just can’t figure out why NG don’t communicate this as a known issue and provide any estimates for when a resolution is provided.
For a novice, average home user this is surely a good reason for returning the entire kit.
Starting to think I’m glad I still have my aging Google WiFi lying around and start (yet again) trawling the web for a new wifi 6 mesh solution that can cover my requirements…

Yeah, I have my old 50 unit laying around that is up and running and zero issues other than I have to place the satellites.  I upgraded because it is three years old and the router was starting to have issues that required a reboot every 2-3 days.

So, I'm in the same boat.  Either I go back to my older Unifi stuff and look at some updated APs, but that is not an ease of use solution when I am not around OR I am thinking about the TPLink stuff from Costco - either 60 or the M9.

Thankfully my 753 is still within its return window to Costco if I do not see a new firmware update by the middle of next week.  Completely unacceptable release.  My 50 seems to be fine but we will wait and see on that as well. My confidence in NG has gone down considerably - and I have some of their switches as well.  

Message 159 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the brand and model of this switch? 

Understand the frustrations. Also tring to collect as much information on this as well. Helps NG support and those beyond. 

@Jeff-531 wrote:

Yes there is a switch. It is not the issue as it is feeding everything else in the house for the wired network. If it was the issue, I'd have other issues.  Everything I can have wired is. Essentially it's modem-->router-->switch-->network feeds throughout the house.  

If connecting directly to the RBR is the solution, then Netgear has the issue as that is not acceptable networking on their end.

I've changed the CTS but still cannot re-connect some devices.

I appreciate the suggestions and I'm probably sounding argumentative and I apologize. Everything worked fine before 4.6.3.7 was forced.  It's probably been this way for a week+ and I discovered it on Tuesday when everything went crazy.  I downgraded the satellites, re-upgraded them and did two factory resets on the router. This is too much work for a home networking device.

Message 160 of 525
RayBan_21
Star

My kit is still within return as well. I ended up with this setup due to great reviews after struggling with an asus xt8 kit that completely fell thru on delivering the coverage I needed. I wouldn’t complain if NG would step up and sort the issue within a tolerable time frame - but then again I don’t know what the underlying problem is. I’ll start reading up on any experiences on Velop MX4200, though I don’t know if that is better (or as good as the Orbis could be if they would jus work as intended).
Message 161 of 525
Timothy88
Luminary

I don't get why it seems over and over the end user seems to end up being the test subject. There are issues being reported that based on release notes should not even be remotely close to being affected.  This is not isolated to Netgear.  

Message 162 of 525
Ragar99
Luminary

@Jeff-531 wrote:

How did you downgrade?

Message 163 of 525
Gatorade2000
Apprentice

I returned mine to costco after 8 months and gor a new one(100$ less). New one upgraded and same issue. Will return this one too and return then old one on the new receipt.
Message 164 of 525
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Orbi AX Community,

For those still experiencing issues with firmware v4.6.3.7 please send me a private message if you haven't done so already. Please provide the requested information listed below.

Name:

Email:

Phone:

Preferred Contact Time: (including time zone)

Router Serial Number:

Thank you,

Christian 

Message 165 of 525
Donsuper
Star

After restart a day ago, the connection become more stable for a day, don’t know what’s happening………
Message 166 of 525
Gatorade2000
Apprentice

@Christian_R, what will you do in private that you cant post here. Issue persists for everybody.
Message 167 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a full power OFF of the RBR and RBS for 30 seconds then back ON...

@Donsuper wrote:
After restart a day ago, the connection become more stable for a day, don’t know what’s happening………

Message 168 of 525
Mstrbig
Master

@Gatorade2000 wrote:
@Christian_R, what will you do in private that you cant post here. Issue persists for everybody.

They take your info, forward it to tech support and you will be contacted. Save a lot of time and send the info. 

Message 169 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

FYI to all users having problems with there Orbi AX 7 series system and this version of FW. Please make contact with @Christian_R with the requested information. NG is aware of fhis issue and IS working on it. 

If you've done troubleshooting and can't get it working, make contact and go from there. NG is looking into the problem of not downgrading. All the information I can provide. 

Thank you. 

Message 170 of 525
Berryvl
Star

I have disabled the AX feature for 2.4 and 5 GHz and the problem seems to be gone….
Message 171 of 525
wjbridge
Star

Experiencing all these issues also with my RBR750 and RBS750. I tried to roll back the satalite to previous firmware version and it worked but automatically updated with my consent. I wish I could return this but out of my window.

I have tried the following:

• Trying this twice - Factory resetting both the RBR750 and RBS750
  • Rolling back the RBS750 to previous firmware version
  • Disabling RTS, reducing power tx percentage, expanding the distance (and shrinking) between RBR750 and RBS750

Issues Experiencing:

• DNS issues (internet goes down) have to reboot router but modem is fine
  • RBS750 looses connection and repeats blue light throught the day but does not display a light that it lost connection
  • Slow WIFI performance about 200-300 mbps compared to last firmware release using the orbi app measurement tools
Message 172 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Try disabling AX mode on both radios?

@wjbridge wrote:

Experiencing all these issues also with my RBR750 and RBS750. I tried to roll back the satalite to previous firmware version and it worked but automatically updated with my consent. I wish I could return this but out of my window.

I have tried the following:

• Trying this twice - Factory resetting both the RBR750 and RBS750
  • Rolling back the RBS750 to previous firmware version
  • Disabling RTS, reducing power tx percentage, expanding the distance (and shrinking) between RBR750 and RBS750

Issues Experiencing:

• DNS issues (internet goes down) have to reboot router but modem is fine
  • RBS750 looses connection and repeats blue light throught the day but does not display a light that it lost connection
  • Slow WIFI performance about 200-300 mbps compared to last firmware release using the orbi app measurement tools

Message 173 of 525
wjbridge
Star

Trying that now and seeing if there is a difference. Will report back after 2-3 days.

Message 174 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Can try setting CTS to 2347 as well. 

Message 175 of 525
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7