Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

Right but as I stated I don’t want the service. It’s pay for service.
Message 276 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Has the trial already expired? 

I would contact NG about this and see what the deal is. Maybe something they can effect for you and change...Seems like if the trial exprired and users don't want to continue the service, they should be able to opt out and avoid the nag window.

@Blanca_O 

@DarrenM 

Message 277 of 525
titaniumrx8
Apprentice

RBK753
Spent 1.5 hours on the phone with NG support collecting screenshots and debug logs for the router and 2 satellites.
Background, my network was stable for 9 days since disabling AX mode on both bands. I filed a case because I bought an AX capable mesh and can easily revert to my Tri-band Nighthawk which worked fine but had NO AX capability. Why should I pay for AX if I can't use it? I filed several other issues but this was the most significant.
I proved that once AX mode is enabled, it became impossible for IoT devices to connect to either satellite. Before enabling AX mode, there were 8 devices connected to one satellite and 9 connected to the second satellite. After enabling AX mode, one satellite had 0 connected devices and the other had 3 (which were 1 PC and 2 tablets which could be re-logged in manually). The IoT devices which all depend on apps to get connected were only able to connect to the router (some could connect but too far to have usable bandwidth without a working satellite others are gone completely and the apps saw no Orbi network to connect to. I was able to reattach the IoT devices after once again disabling the AX mode.
I was promised that this would be escalated but let's see. My 90 day "support" expires in 2 days. 😀
Message 278 of 525
raven_au
Virtuoso

@titaniumrx8 wrote:
RBK753
Spent 1.5 hours on the phone with NG support collecting screenshots and debug logs for the router and 2 satellites.
Background, my network was stable for 9 days since disabling AX mode on both bands. I filed a case because I bought an AX capable mesh and can easily revert to my Tri-band Nighthawk which worked fine but had NO AX capability. Why should I pay for AX if I can't use it? I filed several other issues but this was the most significant.
I proved that once AX mode is enabled, it became impossible for IoT devices to connect to either satellite. Before enabling AX mode, there were 8 devices connected to one satellite and 9 connected to the second satellite. After enabling AX mode, one satellite had 0 connected devices and the other had 3 (which were 1 PC and 2 tablets which could be re-logged in manually). The IoT devices which all depend on apps to get connected were only able to connect to the router (some could connect but too far to have usable bandwidth without a working satellite others are gone completely and the apps saw no Orbi network to connect to. I was able to reattach the IoT devices after once again disabling the AX mode.
I was promised that this would be escalated but let's see. My 90 day "support" expires in 2 days. 😀

I'm also running with AX mode disabled on both wireless bands becuase of this.

I observed similar behaviours but didn't go into as much detail as you have done.

There is definitely a fairly frequent wireless disconnect problem which I have seen happening.

The point of this post is, since Netgear will think this is an isolated problem to your system, and probably have not groked it's widespread, which it is, they need to be convinced of that.

Message 279 of 525
Niko78
Apprentice

"I was promised that this would be escalated but let's see"

Smiley Mad

It's a JOKE !!!!!!!!!

It would mean that this issue is still only managed by level 1 support and that higher level supports as well as development project teams that updated the firmware are still not aware !!!!!

Such a bug impacting so many people since 1 month now and the issue is still not escalated at the higher Netgear support level !!!!!???????

I can't believe this is possible ...

What are they waiting for to escalate while so many people are having there expensive orbi system useless since 1 month ?

This is unacepptable from Netgear that meanwhile they are troubleshooting they don't provide an official procedure to restore the service by providing a new update or allowing rolling-back to previous working firmware version.

It would take only a few minutes of their time to do it but they prefer impacting all orbi customers for 1 month ! 

Maybe we will have the chance to have the next firmware fix delivered for Xmas !

Netgear delivery & incident management processes really needs to be reviewed !

Message 280 of 525
raven_au
Virtuoso

@Niko78 wrote:

Such a bug impacting so many people since 1 month now and the issue is still not escalated at the higher Netgear support level !!!!!???????

I can't believe this is possible ...

What are they waiting for to escalate while so many people are having there expensive orbi system useless since 1 month ?

Becuase they don't want to know about problems or they wouldn't make it so hard to report them.

And, for the samll fraction of people that are willing to put up with contacting support, the first line support know so little about the systems they support they are incapable of knowing when an issue needs to be escalated, 90 days and you turn into a pumkin as far as they are concerned.

The fact is that higher level support and the software engineers should use these forums to gather information about problems people might be seeing but clearly they don't care either ... I know from my own experience that support can be a blocker to problem awareness and info. gathering at times and our support people are actually pretty good.

Message 281 of 525
Gatorade2000
Apprentice

This forum is useless. Post the same
message on their twitter page
Message 282 of 525
jdk1120
Apprentice

Hi folks, I'm really glad I found this thread because it is exactly the issue I've been having since my purchase of this "premium" router. Sad that a $100 router worked much better than this.

An issue is that NG support has been very disappointing. They escalated my case since I'm within the 90 day support window and we jumped through all the hoops (configuration changes, follow up calls, debug logs) that took hours over days. With the issue lingering, NG support has ignored all my messages on my case the past two weeks.  My 90 day will close soon so perhaps they are waiting that out. Very disappointing - I hope my colleagues in my organization did not purchse this router for their work from home. Zoom calls are embarassingly unstable.

Message 283 of 525

Now the original ORBI71 set up SSID is showing along with net gear guest network even though it’s turned off in the settings. Yes, I can connect to them using the main SSID password….. Here comes my 5th factory reset.
Message 284 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you re-enable it then disable it on the RBRs web page? 

@intergeek14 wrote:
Now the original ORBI71 set up SSID is showing along with net gear guest network even though it’s turned off in the settings. Yes, I can connect to them using the main SSID password….. Here comes my 5th factory reset.

Message 285 of 525

A reboot of the entire system fixed it.
Message 286 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. Let us know if it creeps back ON...

@intergeek14 wrote:
A reboot of the entire system fixed it.

Message 287 of 525
ahswp
Apprentice

36 hours later, the temporary fix outlined by others in this forum seems to be helping. I did not disable AX, but did change my login to .100 and made the other changes. This isn't ideal because now some of the devices that connect using 2.4 are having trouble connecting (because the power is lower) but I have not noticed the disconnnects. 

Message 288 of 525
remsreef
Guide

I set my 2.4ghz to 25% to force my devices to connect to the faster 5ghz. If you have dead spots where 2.4ghz is necessary, then try bumping it up to 50%. If it’s still bad for 2.4ghz, then bump to again to 75%.
Message 289 of 525
jdk1120
Apprentice

After turning my AX setting off, my router & satellites appear to be more stable. I haven't tinkered around with change the IP address or the power setting on 2.4ghz, but hopefully this is sufficient until the new firmware comes out.

In related news, Netgear escalated support has completely ghosted me. I'm thinking of opening a new ticket so that support can be started as my 90-day warranty window is closing soon.

Message 290 of 525
Jeff-531
Guide

I have given up and returned mine to Costco since I was within my 90 days.  I wish I never had to do this but WFH and being dropped multiple times a day, along with listening to a teenager complain about their wireless connection, pushed me over the edge. 

The lack of any sort of acknowledgement on Netgear's part is sad. Almost every tech company has an issue at some time, how you handle it is more important than the issue itself. The lack of any response here is deafening and says a lot about the company, especially with that 90 day support from Netgear.  

Personally, from here on out, I'm speaking with my wallet.  I have a Netgear switch that I purchased just before this incident but it is the last item from them I will buy.

Furry - I appreciate you trying to help everyone. I just wish Netgear was as passionate as you are.

Message 291 of 525
Gtjacket
Tutor

@jdk1120 wrote:

After turning my AX setting off, my router & satellites appear to be more stable. I haven't tinkered around with change the IP address or the power setting on 2.4ghz, but hopefully this is sufficient until the new firmware comes out.

In related news, Netgear escalated support has completely ghosted me. I'm thinking of opening a new ticket so that support can be started as my 90-day warranty window is closing soon.

Good to hear.  Unfortunately deactivating AX did not improve anything for me.  Ultimately, I think there are several distinct issues being discussed on this thread.  Personally, my issue is one of my two sattelites is constantly disconnecting from the base after the upgrade.  I constantly see the famous green then blue light on it.  Messing around with IP space/DCHP should not make any difference in Sattelite connectivity to the base from a technical standpoint.  I did have some issues with end points and I think that can be attributed to the IP address range issues.

Since I was having more problems with one sattelite than the other, I moved the troublesome one closer to the base as a test and it definitely has improved the number of times it resyncs but it is still numerous times a day vs constantly in the old location.  This leads me to think that the software upgrade greatly reduced the range for the backhaul link.  If this is the case then it defeats the purpose of the mesh system as the I am not getting the coverage needed in my house.  Definitely a huge step back in performance vs the older code.

Has anyone else who has had the sattelite disconnect issue, tried playing around with location and seen any differences as well?

Message 292 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

@Jeff-531 

Understand Sir and understand the frustrations. NG is aware of whats happening and i'm trying to help users get thru this for those who can't return there systems. AT least we can downgrade as a work around for now for those who can do this. I'll keep on NG about this and hopefully next FW will fix this mess. Smiley Frustrated

Good Luck in your endeavours. 

@Jeff-531 wrote:

I have given up and returned mine to Costco since I was within my 90 days.  I wish I never had to do this but WFH and being dropped multiple times a day, along with listening to a teenager complain about their wireless connection, pushed me over the edge. 

The lack of any sort of acknowledgement on Netgear's part is sad. Almost every tech company has an issue at some time, how you handle it is more important than the issue itself. The lack of any response here is deafening and says a lot about the company, especially with that 90 day support from Netgear.  

Personally, from here on out, I'm speaking with my wallet.  I have a Netgear switch that I purchased just before this incident but it is the last item from them I will buy.

Furry - I appreciate you trying to help everyone. I just wish Netgear was as passionate as you are.

Message 293 of 525
Thalador
Apprentice

@FURRYe38 I understand you are here and trying to help. For me I cannot any longer support the fact that NG is trying to do something about this. It has been a month now? If they wanted to do something about it they would remove this buggy FW from the site and stop autoupdating people. They are doing this to themselves and hurting customers at the same time. Until such time as they get their @%#% together they should do what I have outlined. Mine was auto updated and luckily my important things are all wired, so slower wifi doesn't affect me as much. This is not the case with many others. 
Like I said, I appreciate you trying to help folks but NG needs to get it together.
/rant

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@Jeff-531 

Understand Sir and understand the frustrations. NG is aware of whats happening and i'm trying to help users get thru this for those who can't return there systems. AT least we can downgrade as a work around for now for those who can do this. I'll keep on NG about this and hopefully next FW will fix this mess. Smiley Frustrated

Good Luck in your endeavours. 

Message 294 of 525
Gatorade2000
Apprentice

I returned mine to Costco as well after 8 months of purchase.
Message 295 of 525
Niko78
Apprentice

You are lucky
Trying also to return mine …
1 month of buggy firmware is enough for me and I am not confident anymore in Netgear support to quickly solve further potential any others issues.
I also don’t want to stress and spend hours or days of my time trying troubleshooting each time there is a new firmware upgrade.
Other systems for the same price are having a good support, 2 years support and not only 90 days, integrated antivirus with parental control without having to pay yearly subscription and with a better App and better web interface …
Netgear should be more careful with their customers and should listen to them if they want to stay a long time on this market.
Message 296 of 525
michsu
Apprentice

What’s a good recommendation for another mesh system? Thank you. I just got it from Amazon about two weeks ago so I am about to return it too if necessary. I’m getting a lot better coverage than just using the router that came with the ISP.. just not getting the max I can get (gigabit plan).. I saw the AX doesn’t make a difference and without it, it will be slower.. Also, the netgear armor reduces my speed to 300-400 (without I can get the max of 600 wirelessly).
Message 297 of 525
Niko78
Apprentice

I was thinking about maybe Asus XT8 for exemple at about currently 350€ on French Amazon.

Same price as the Orbi 752 but with little better performance according to some test.

Message 298 of 525
Rudolphy
Apprentice

I bought both systems, the Asus XT8 and Orbi RBK 753 at the last Amazon Prime Day. The Asus has the stronger backhaul  (upper 5 ghz channels, 4x4, wifi 6 at 4800 mbit , but the system is very unstable, although the firmware, but all the setting options suggests a more professional impression. I have stayed with my Orbi. Since I operate my Orbi in AP-mode, I dont have these problems discussed in this thread.

But I am also disappointed about the behavior of Netgear, not to offer at least for the affected users a downgrade. And I'm not talking about a possible workaround via edge, which I haven't tested myself yet.

Message 299 of 525
Timothy88
Luminary

I have an RBK752 system running firmware version 4.6.3.7 and am seeing the router disconnect and turn magenta. I have a wired connection to the router and am unable to connect to any devices on the LAN or access the internet while in this state. If I launch the app it shows the status of the router to be red/disconnected.  I can recover by using the Orbi app on my phone and rebooting the router once the router reboots then everything is good.   Is this yet another problem with the firmware? Any ideas on what may help stabalize this or do I have to go back to my time capsule until Netgear can get it fixed? Any ideas on when Netgear will be releasing a fix for this debacle of an update?

Message 300 of 525
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7