Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

Soloman
Star

Does anyone know how we can get a hold of the Firmware Beta that addresses the connectivity issues introduced with version 4.6.3.7?

I have had the same connectivity issues that everyone else has been seeing since the introduction of the updated firmware in July.

Thanks

Message 426 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you contacted NG support about the beta there offiering? 

@Soloman wrote:

Does anyone know how we can get a hold of the Firmware Beta that addresses the connectivity issues introduced with version 4.6.3.7?

I have had the same connectivity issues that everyone else has been seeing since the introduction of the updated firmware in July.

Thanks

Message 427 of 525
Soloman
Star

I don't have extended warranty support (90 day support ended on Sep 1st)  - can I still open a ticket and request this?

Message 428 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Contact @Blanca_O or @DarrenM via PM...

@Soloman wrote:

I don't have extended warranty support (90 day support ended on Sep 1st)  - can I still open a ticket and request this?

Message 429 of 525
ahswp
Apprentice

Since making the reccomended changes (eg moving 2.4 to 25% etc) that are outlined above my system has been fairly stable. Haven't had the disconnect issues, but several of my 2.4 devices don't connect - likely they're too far from the router. I just got the beta software. I'm afraid to try it "if it aint broke dont' fix it"... has anyone used the beta and seen the disconnect issues from the satalite fixed?

Thanks!

Message 430 of 525
Timothy88
Luminary

Interesting, after loading the beta I think this is the first time I've ever seen and entry in UPnP.

Message 431 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Were you able to get the beta FW?

@Soloman wrote:

Thanks

Message 432 of 525
swamgy1
Guide

I could really use that beta firmware as well. It's super frustrating that nobody will post it and NG won't give access. Ugh.

Message 433 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Whats wrong with your system? 

Have you contacted NG support? 

@swamgy1 wrote:

I could really use that beta firmware as well. It's super frustrating that nobody will post it and NG won't give access. Ugh.

Message 434 of 525
Soloman
Star

Yes I did thanks - the system is much more stable.  The only odd thing that I see is that 1 of my two satellite's is wired and that one has a good connection, the other one is on a wireless connection and the system summary says that there is a sync issue.  I have tried resynching it using the sync button on that Satellite and then on the main router, but that message does not clear - it does not seem to be affecting my system, so I am not sure if it is simply a nuisance status message.

Message 435 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Try powering OFF  the RBR and RBS for 1 minute, then back on? 

@Soloman wrote:

Yes I did thanks - the system is much more stable.  The only odd thing that I see is that 1 of my two satellite's is wired and that one has a good connection, the other one is on a wireless connection and the system summary says that there is a sync issue.  I have tried resynching it using the sync button on that Satellite and then on the main router, but that message does not clear - it does not seem to be affecting my system, so I am not sure if it is simply a nuisance status message.

Message 436 of 525
jaideepdoc
Guide

Hi

2 days back did a reboot through the orbi app on iOS . The system has been stable since then with good connectivity between the main and satellite units . The speed also is better
Message 437 of 525
scottyinco
Tutor

Wow, if you are past 90 days of purchase, good luck getting netgear support to listen to your issue. I opened case 45079455 with netgear and all the agent would tell me is that I'm out of the 90 day support warranty. Netgear support is the worst. I'm ordering a Linksys Velop from Costco and taking this junk back to Costco. Netgear lost a customer for life in me based on today's experience.

Is anybody from netgear here listening? This issue is beyond ridiculous for how long it has gone on, and the lack of the issue being acknowledged by Netgear is appalling!

I just reached out to @BlancaO. Hopefully she will be able to get me some assistance and the beta firmware.

Message 438 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. You still using v7 FW as well? 

@jaideepdoc wrote:
Hi

2 days back did a reboot through the orbi app on iOS . The system has been stable since then with good connectivity between the main and satellite units . The speed also is better

Message 439 of 525
Soloman
Star

Thanks - I tried the reboot through the IOS App first and that did not clear the wireless Satellite connectiveity issue.  I then followed the reccomendation of powering down the system and rebooting thorugh that method and all Sateliite's connected.  System appears to running stable - will watch it over the next several days to see if it remains that way.  Preliminary feedback is that Beta version 4.6.3.16 is working great!

Thanks

Message 440 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy.

@Soloman wrote:

Thanks - I tried the reboot through the IOS App first and that did not clear the wireless Satellite connectiveity issue.  I then followed the reccomendation of powering down the system and rebooting thorugh that method and all Sateliite's connected.  System appears to running stable - will watch it over the next several days to see if it remains that way.  Preliminary feedback is that Beta version 4.6.3.16 is working great!

Thanks

Message 441 of 525
jdk1120
Apprentice

Reporting back after a week with the beta firmware. The intermittent connectivity issue has been much better, but not absent. Every once in a while my satellite randomly goes blue/magenta. But since it's not every 5-10 like it used to be, I am able to have my work zoom calls in relative peace.

I hope Netgear provides a permanent solution soon...
Message 442 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 
I would power OFF the ISP modem for 1 minute. Factory reset the Orbi router and power it off. Power ON the ISP modem and let it sync. Then power ON the Orbi router and walk thru the setup wizard again using a wired PC and a web browser.

@jdk1120 wrote:
Reporting back after a week with the beta firmware. The intermittent connectivity issue has been much better, but not absent. Every once in a while my satellite randomly goes blue/magenta. But since it's not every 5-10 like it used to be, I am able to have my work zoom calls in relative peace.

I hope Netgear provides a permanent solution soon...

Message 443 of 525

I would not get too excited about the Beta. I have been running it for a few days now, and the satellite stability issue is no better for me - if anything it seems worse.

Message 444 of 525
scottyinco
Tutor

Bummer. Guess back to Costco mine go. Wonder how many returns Costco is getting of these?

@MaleHumanUK wrote:

I would not get too excited about the Beta. I have been running it for a few days now, and the satellite stability issue is no better for me - if anything it seems worse.

Message 445 of 525

Did you do a full reset? I did a full reset and the beta has been great. Think the speeds for each device has been better than when I first purchased this set up. I have 2 satellites and they hand off devices much better now.
Message 446 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, ensure you have done a full factory reset on the RBR and RBS. After setting up the RBR and RBS again. Power OFF the RBR and RBS and ISP modem/ONT for 5 minutes then back ON with the ISP modem/ONT first then RBR then RBS. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

@MaleHumanUK wrote:

Message 447 of 525
Renegade5150
Tutor

I’m out of the 90 day support but emailed the mods as suggested…haven’t heard back yet. What the quickest way to get the beta firmware??? This is getting beyond frustrating…
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 448 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you have the 7 series Orbi? 

@Renegade5150 wrote:
I’m out of the 90 day support but emailed the mods as suggested…haven’t heard back yet. What the quickest way to get the beta firmware??? This is getting beyond frustrating…

Message 449 of 525
Renegade5150
Tutor

Yes I have the 753
Message 450 of 525
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7