Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

FURRYe38
Guru

For ANYONE still having problems with Orbi AX after loading the beta FW, please contact NG support or a forum moderator, and let them know what your still experiencing. 

Thank you. 

Message 451 of 525
ChristineT
Admin

***Updated: 9/13/2021 11:50 AM PT

Hello Orbi Community,

Please accept my apologies for any delay in getting this message to you. I have been advised that an official firmware release is in the final stages of internal testing and in the process of being posted to our support site. Likely, within the next 24 hours. 

To get this firmware release now please click the link below:

RBR750 - Firmware v4.6.3.16 

For instructions on how to manually download this firmware please visit: 

How do I manually upgrade firmware on my Orbi router using orbilogin.com? 

Thank you for your patience,

ChristineT

Message 452 of 525
Atllaw
Star

That reply would have been nice about 2 months ago when people first started having problems. Maybe an update along the way. But this is the FIRST post from anyone from Netgear on any of these threads. Too little too late (Costco got mine back almost a month ago), but good luck to those that still have these.
Message 453 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Sorry it didn't work for you. However when problems are found, fixed do NOT come over night. Takes time to figure out what broke. And this beta and annoucement is alot quicker from what I've seen in the past. I've seen it take 6-9 months before we've seen fixes. 

So we thank NG for at least coming to the table sooner and letting us know. Please keep this up. Smiley Wink

Good Luck. 

Message 454 of 525
Atllaw
Star

There was a fix from day 1 - go back to the firmware that worked as cancel the auto updates. There are 15 pages of threads of people trying to figure out how to do that, but Netgear never responded. Support was not helpful and unaware and not a peep officially until today. No sympathy here and whoever you want to spin it, this firmware release was an unmitigated disaster that Netgear didn’t properly respond to.
Message 455 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Well, something you don't have to worry about any longer since you returned yours. Will try and help those who still do have theres and hoping new FW will be good. 

Good Luck. 

Message 456 of 525
scottyinco
Tutor

Thanks @ChristineT!

Message 457 of 525
raven_au
Virtuoso

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Sorry it didn't work for you. However when problems are found, fixed do NOT come over night. Takes time to figure out what broke. And this beta and annoucement is alot quicker from what I've seen in the past. I've seen it take 6-9 months before we've seen fixes. 

So we thank NG for at least coming to the table sooner and letting us know. Please keep this up. Smiley Wink

I feel I have to comment on this too.

I too am impacient when problems like the ones we've seen occur, unfortunaely I also understand why these things can take a lot longer than we would like (since I'm on the "other side" of this in my day job).

Still the stubbornly held decision to not allow to reverting to an earlier firware is unfathomable to me!

The only aspect of that in this case that "might" justify it is the the change to support the new SPC ... but still ...

Message 458 of 525
RayBan_21
Star

@ChristineT Just a quick question; does the linked file differ from the beta that was distributed? Just wondering if it's worth doing another upgrade, reset, etc. Thanks!

Message 459 of 525
Engladian
Tutor

FWIW, I just saw that 4.6.3.16 has been officially released and I installed it on my system. The speed test on the Orbi app and the router web page now seems to be correct again. I can't speak to if this resolved other problems since this was ther main issue I was seeing.

Message 460 of 525
wjbridge
Star

@ChristineT wrote:

***Updated: 9/13/2021 11:50 AM PT

Hello Orbi Community,

Please accept my apologies for any delay in getting this message to you. I have been advised that an official firmware release is in the final stages of internal testing and in the process of being posted to our support site. Likely, within the next 24 hours. 

To get this firmware release now please click the link below:

RBR750 - Firmware v4.6.3.16 

For instructions on how to manually download this firmware please visit: 

How do I manually upgrade firmware on my Orbi router using orbilogin.com? 

Thank you for your patience,

ChristineT

@ChristineT Is there release notes for this version? I assume there will be when it is officially released but I hope there is enough detail in it to describe what issues were addressed in this firmware release. Mainly, I am looking for the the stability issues between the satellite and router.

Message 461 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. Have you done a full power OFF of the system for 1 minute then back ON or done any factory reset after the FW was updated?

@Engladian wrote:

FWIW, I just saw that 4.6.3.16 has been officially released and I installed it on my system. The speed test on the Orbi app and the router web page now seems to be correct again. I can't speak to if this resolved other problems since this was ther main issue I was seeing.

Message 462 of 525
wjbridge
Star

Yes, I supplied them with multiple logs both from the satellite and router but definitely not the only person who experienced this problem based on these 19 pages of forums :).

Message 463 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

The linked file is the same. 

@RayBan_21 wrote:

Just a quick question; does the linked file differ from the beta that was distributed? Just wondering if it's worth doing another upgrade, reset, etc. Thanks!

Message 464 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Speedtest Discrepancy
Throughput/incorrect speedtest results
Stability issues

@wjbridge wrote:

Is there release notes for this version? I assume there will be when it is officially released but I hope there is enough detail in it to describe what issues were addressed in this firmware release. Mainly, I am looking for the the stability issues between the satellite and router.

Message 465 of 525
wjbridge
Star

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Speedtest Discrepancy
Stability issues

@wjbridge wrote:

Is there release notes for this version? I assume there will be when it is officially released but I hope there is enough detail in it to describe what issues were addressed in this firmware release. Mainly, I am looking for the the stability issues between the satellite and router.

Thanks @FURRYe38! I assume since there is only a router firmware update that there is no update for the satellite? I really wish they could elaborate on the "stability issues". I was also hoping they put a "revert firmware version support too".

Message 466 of 525
scottyinco
Tutor

There was an update for both, and the notes mentioned installing the satellite firmware before the router firmware.

@wjbridge wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Speedtest Discrepancy
Stability issues

@wjbridge wrote:

Thanks @FURRYe38! I assume since there is only a router firmware update that there is no update for the satellite? I really wish they could elaborate on the "stability issues". I was also hoping they put a "revert firmware version support too".

Message 467 of 525
larryindublin
Luminary

@wjbridge wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Speedtest Discrepancy
Stability issues

@wjbridge wrote:

The file is a ZIP that then contains the firmware for the Router and the Satellite.

Message 468 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

@wjbridge 

What @larryindublin said. Has both files...

Message 469 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

NG seems to be driving FW to v4 officially and fixing issues going forward. 

Unofficially, if you want to revert back to v3, then you can try @Xcelebric's method to revert FW.

@wjbridge wrote:

I assume since there is only a router firmware update that there is no update for the satellite? I really wish they could elaborate on the "stability issues". I was also hoping they put a "revert firmware version support too".

Message 470 of 525
larryindublin
Luminary

@FURRYe38 

Just to be 100% clear - Is this the release firmware or just a wider publically available beta? The link to the salesforce site has typically been used for beta's and I do not see this firmware if I look in the downloads section for my model (RBK753). In addition, the GUI interface does not see any new firmware available after I installed the beta a few days back.

Message 471 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

It's beta, however It's probably same one thats going to get put up on NGs web page for download...We'll be checking to see what actually gets seen on NG web page...maybe today

@larryindublin wrote:

@FURRYe38 

Just to be 100% clear - Is this the release firmware or just a wider publically available beta? The link to the salesforce site has typically been used for beta's and I do not see this firmware if I look in the downloads section for my model (RBK753). In addition, the GUI interface does not see any new firmware available after I installed the beta a few days back.

Message 472 of 525
swamgy1
Guide

I don't think it's beta since they automatically pushed it to our devices. The new version Christine linked to says V4.6.3.16 and my router and satelite seemed to have already updated to V4.6.3.16. 

Message 473 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes once it's auto updated on NGs services, it's release. 

FYI, user are encouraged to factrory reset and setup from scratch after v16 is loaded. Once set up again, please Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

Message 474 of 525
ant
Prodigy
Prodigy

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Yes once it's auto updated on NGs services, it's release. 

FYI, user are encouraged to factrory reset and setup from scratch after v16 is loaded. Once set up again, please Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

That's annoying. 😞 Netgear really need to QA test better.

Message 475 of 525
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7