Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.14.3 Released

Shwabo
Aspirant

Factory Reset & setup from scratch done.

Remote Web Management settings removed is confirmed.

Only the "Always Use HTTPS to Access Router" setting is available.

Thanks again for everyone's patience and help with this issue. Much appreciated!! 

Message 26 of 85
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for the confirmation. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 27 of 85
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

Setting DHCP limit between 2-200 ranges can help with stability in some cases, especially with FW upgrade.  For example, if one of the devices on the network grabs the Orbi internal IP address, 192.168.1.250, the Satellite won't come online, reboot randomly, or hang.  This is important during firmware upgrade because Orbi Satellite expects 192.168.1.250 to be available and exclusive to itself.

Message 28 of 85
FURRYe38
Guru

I've see best stability with .100 to .200. I personally use .100 to .150 since I don't have more than 40 devices online currently. Also gives room for static IP assigned devices on either side of this pool.

Message 29 of 85
d700
Apprentice

Looking for advice:

• Have been on Firmware Version: V4.6.9.11_2.3.5 and have not had a reboot since installation.
  • System Uptime: 88 days 02:03:48
  • Only issue we've seen is occasional hardwired lockup on my wife's laptop/hub...but I think its the hub.
  • I see this latest firmware 4.6.14.3 seems to include many updates since our last update.
  • I have never reset/wiped the router set since original purchase, only layered firmware updates on top of next.

I have early RBK753 set from Costco, enjoyed over a year of trouble free service before going through a year of constant rebooting that lasted until 4.6.9.11_2.3.5...so with 90 days of uptime, I'm really cautious of moving to new firmware.

My questions:

• How's this latest fw for rebooting? Is it stable, good uptime?
  • If I save off my cfg file and do reset, will I get all my custom names I've created for various devices (I assume its tied to MAC address).
  • What does narrowing the IP range to 100-200 do (other than limiting number of devices)
  • Are the security fixes addressing minor things or major vulnerabilities?

Trying to decide: Is it worth updating? If so, should I do a full wipe/reset then apply cfg file?

Message 30 of 85
FURRYe38
Guru

Seems a bit too early to tell if Fw is stable. 

I haven't seen anyone post having major issues. 

"If it works, don't fix it." Up to you though. You can always revert back. 

You'll have to check the link to the security section to see what is addressed there.

Nice to see long duration on up time. 

@d700 wrote:

Looking for advice:

• Have been on Firmware Version: V4.6.9.11_2.3.5 and have not had a reboot since installation.
  • System Uptime: 88 days 02:03:48
  • Only issue we've seen is occasional hardwired lockup on my wife's laptop/hub...but I think its the hub.
  • I see this latest firmware 4.6.14.3 seems to include many updates since our last update.
  • I have never reset/wiped the router set since original purchase, only layered firmware updates on top of next.

I have early RBK753 set from Costco, enjoyed over a year of trouble free service before going through a year of constant rebooting that lasted until 4.6.9.11_2.3.5...so with 90 days of uptime, I'm really cautious of moving to new firmware.

My questions:

• How's this latest fw for rebooting? Is it stable, good uptime?
  • If I save off my cfg file and do reset, will I get all my custom names I've created for various devices (I assume its tied to MAC address).
  • What does narrowing the IP range to 100-200 do (other than limiting number of devices)
  • Are the security fixes addressing minor things or major vulnerabilities?

Trying to decide: Is it worth updating? If so, should I do a full wipe/reset then apply cfg file?

Message 31 of 85
Theobuck
Apprentice

How do you find the uptime? I have been looking for that info.
Message 32 of 85
FURRYe38
Guru

192.166.1.1/debug.htm

@Theobuck wrote:

Message 33 of 85
TC_in_Montana
Virtuoso

@Theobuck wrote:

You should be able to see it here:

http://192.168.1.1/RST_statistics.htm

Message 34 of 85
DM2604
Tutor

I have a strange issue. When I open my Router site, I get the info that the new update is there. When I go to the update site it tells me that there are no new updates. In the same time on the top of the site there is still the message that there is a new update. When I click on that blue message, it starts searching for the update and does not find any !?

I can do the manual update but obviously something is wrong with the update concept of Netgear.

Message 35 of 85
FURRYe38
Guru

Is the Auto Update feature enabled or disabled on your system? 

Can you post a screen capture of what your seeing? 

What browser are you using? 

Happens in a different browser? 

I would not give it too much attention as this is rumored to be a minor update and thus NG may not post it for AU. 

@DM2604 wrote:

I have a strange issue. When I open my Router site, I get the info that the new update is there. When I go to the update site it tells me that there are no new updates. In the same time on the top of the site there is still the message that there is a new update. When I click on that blue message, it starts searching for the update and does not find any !?

I can do the manual update but obviously something is wrong with the update concept of Netgear.

Message 36 of 85
DM2604
Tutor

Auto Reply is disabled.

I am using Safari.

I do not know yet - I will check that with Firefox under Windows.

I am not paying much attention to it but it is very confusing from Netgear.

Message 37 of 85
FURRYe38
Guru

If you manually updated, just disable Auto Update. You'll be fine. 

Message 38 of 85
RockTheGlobe
Guide

@SW_ wrote:

Setting DHCP limit between 2-200 ranges can help with stability in some cases, especially with FW upgrade.  For example, if one of the devices on the network grabs the Orbi internal IP address, 192.168.1.250, the Satellite won't come online, reboot randomly, or hang.  This is important during firmware upgrade because Orbi Satellite expects 192.168.1.250 to be available and exclusive to itself.

Not following the logic here...  I restricted my DHCP range between .100 and .200, and my Satellites are both showing up within that range:  One has .121 and the other has .122.

Message 39 of 85
FURRYe38
Guru

As it should. 

Message 40 of 85
Wizec
Apprentice

I updated and now I can’t access my RBR750

The page just gives me a “500 internal server error”
Message 41 of 85
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using? 
Happens in a different browser? 

Be sure to clear out all browser caches before entering into the RBRs web page. 

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch. Recommend setting the default DHCP IP address pool range to the following after applying and a factory reset: 192.168.#.100 to 192.168.#.200.

@Wizec wrote:
I updated and now I can’t access my RBR750

The page just gives me a “500 internal server error”

Message 42 of 85
SeaRefractor
Apprentice

Stable for over 12 days so far.    However, I'd like to see it much longer before I say it's a stable release.

Message 43 of 85
FURRYe38
Guru

Usually anything past 3 days is good. 12days, Ya thats solid. 

Message 44 of 85
mingcyu
Aspirant

Can I assume that the need to restrict the DHCP addresses is for those running in Router mode and not AP mode? I currently run mine in AP mode, so the DHCP setting is set as no

Message 45 of 85
FURRYe38
Guru

Not applicable in AP mode.

@mingcyu wrote:

Can I assume that the need to restrict the DHCP addresses is for those running in Router mode and not AP mode? I currently run mine in AP mode, so the DHCP setting is set as no

Message 46 of 85
FURRYe38
Guru

7 good days of up time. FW was updated to v.13 and RBR and RBS were factory reset and setup from scratch.

RBR in router mode. CAX80 in modem mode. 

7PlusDaysUptime.png

RBS ethernet connected for backhaul. 

Putting something else online to test. 

Message 47 of 85
Cinemagic310
Guide

If I update the firm ware via the Orbi app will it do the satellites first or just do the router???   or everything all at once??

Is it advisable to update the firm ware via the app or web interface?  is there a better way????

Cine

Message 48 of 85
FURRYe38
Guru

I highly recommend using the Web UI on the RBS first. Then update the RBR lastly using it's Web UI with a wired PC and web browser. 

@Cinemagic310 wrote:

If I update the firm ware via the Orbi app will it do the satellites first or just do the router???   or everything all at once??

Is it advisable to update the firm ware via the app or web interface?  is there a better way????

Cine

Message 49 of 85
jdk1120
Apprentice

Yup.. My issue started after upgrading to 4.6.14.3 as well. Keep me posted on whether the issue gets resolved on your end.

The lag spikes are getting so frequent that zoom calls during WFH are getting unbearable..

Message 50 of 85
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7