Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.5.14 Released

SergeL
Apprentice

Got it! Will it also disable 2.4G support? Or just AX on 2.4?

@FURRYe38 wrote:

There are check marks on the Basic tab/Wireless settings tab next to AX mode:

2.4G and 5G

Just remove a check mark and select Apply. 

Message 126 of 526
jamacphoto
Apprentice

Also somethings that I never had turned on
Traffic meter is off
Logging is off both were never on
Can’t think of other things that I might have on or off that others might have different
Message 127 of 526
FURRYe38
Guru

Just AX mode on 2.4Ghz. All other modes like B, G and N will be working. 

Message 128 of 526
SergeL
Apprentice

Got it, let's see if it does the trick.

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Just AX mode on 2.4Ghz. All other modes like B, G and N will be working. 

Message 129 of 526
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know. 

Message 130 of 526
ahswp
Apprentice

I tried to downgrade but couldn't figure out how to get the "yes" button. I hit F12 and couldn't figure out what to do next. 

Message 131 of 526
FURRYe38
Guru

Using FireFox, Edge, Chrome or Opera (Mac Versions too) to access the manual firmware update page and when you get the warning says downgrade to a lower version firmware. Right click on the NO button, in the browser tool window that appears, find or navigate and Left select on Inspect or Inspect Element in this window. This will open the side developer tool window. This will display the hidden button element next to "NO", and the "element.styledisplay: none" should be seen on same line, remove the "none" by pressing the delete on the key board to delete this work and "Yes" will show up in the main browser FW web page. Then click YES to send the Firmware.

Message 132 of 526
Lhymes
Tutor

I am running 3.2.18.1. I apologize I did forget to add that I had blocked updates via Pi-hole.

For anyone interested, I am running Pi-hole in a Docker instance on my Synology NAS. Many users run it on a Raspberry Pi or Pi Zero (it's incredibly lightweight). I've been using Pi-hole for a couple years now. The benefits of network-wide ad blocking and the ability to DNS blacklist web services and sites is invaluable with children in the home *cough*Youtube*cough*. You just set the DNS used by the network to the Pi-hole and it acts as a DNS intermediary with your preferred upstream provider. It's simple, elegant, and I've only found it to have a positive impact on network performance.

Message 133 of 526
SergeL
Apprentice

So far I haven't experienced many unexpected reboots. Just a few so far on my satellites. Will keep monitoring.

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Let us know. 

Message 134 of 526
FURRYe38
Guru

OK...

@SergeL wrote:

So far I haven't experienced many unexpected reboots. Just a few so far on my satellites. Will keep monitoring.

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Let us know. 

Message 135 of 526
ahswp
Apprentice

Thank you , this worked. I downgraded and then used opendns to block any future automatic firmware updates. For the first time in MANY MANY MONTHS my router actually works properly.

Netgear is such a disaster. Such a disapointment. 

Message 136 of 526
cutaway
Aspirant

Why did I upgrade the firmware?!?  After the upgrade, the ethernet backhaul between the RBR750 and RBS750 is not working anymore.   I rebooted several times.   The RBS750 is only connecting thru the WiFi.   Help!

Message 137 of 526
cutaway
Aspirant

Stay away.  My ethernet backhaul is no longer working.   Ugh...

Message 138 of 526
ddkumar
Star

I've actually had some success with this firmware version on a RBK752 system.  However, I have an Ethernet backhaul, and I never experienced the satellite disconnect issues that others have posted about.  What I did have previously was endpoint loss-of-connection when moving from the main router to a satellite (e.g., iPhone moving around the house).  I would lose connectivity despite having very strong Wifi signals, so it was some kind of handoff failure. Prior to this version, the problem occurred in all 4- version firmware, regardless of changes in settings (and I tried many). That appears to be resolved. I also get fairly consistent test results using the Orbi internal speed test now, which in my case is about 1400Mbs.

Message 139 of 526
wifiblues
Luminary

i updated the latest firmware and i thought one of the fixes was for the satellite to stop cycling through the various stages to connecting to the router.  

i am using RBK752 and added a satellite - the satellites are frequently lit blue.  I guess lit blue is better than being lit magenta!

oh well - so much for the firmware fix.  The satellites are properly spaced.  We do live in NYC in an apartment..

Message 140 of 526
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you log in to the RBS web page then see if the front LED turns OFF? BLUE should be ON for about 3 minutes then should turn OFF.

Whats that RBS status seen on the RBRs web page? 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch.
I would power OFF the ISP modem for 1 minute. Factory reset the Orbi router and power it off. Power ON the ISP modem and let it sync. Then power ON the Orbi router and walk thru the setup wizard again using a wired PC and a web browser.

@wifiblues wrote:

i updated the latest firmware and i thought one of the fixes was for the satellite to stop cycling through the various stages to connecting to the router.  

i am using RBK752 and added a satellite - the satellites are frequently lit blue.  I guess lit blue is better than being lit magenta!

oh well - so much for the firmware fix.  The satellites are properly spaced.  We do live in NYC in an apartment..

Message 141 of 526
N3tworkDud3
Apprentice

The ISP modem has nothing to do with the issues Orbi has. The only time you need to consider the ISP modem is conenctivity to the services it provides. 

Message 142 of 526
SergeL
Apprentice

Satellites are still randomly rebooting, but the router itself is working. At least disruption is minimal, my devices are just switching between router of satellites. Less disruption, but annoying.

@FURRYe38 wrote:

OK...

@SergeL wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Let us know. 

Message 143 of 526
martin1982
Guide

yes same to me, i moved now all home automation related staff to a cheap 2.4ghz wifi to have at least those running stable. i have one rbr750 and 4x rbs750. I did a lot of try and errors the last month but nothing helped to have a stable system. it s really a shame to deliver buggy firmware to a commercial product. if i look to the wireshark traces i m sure they are "calling home" to send data about errors etc so i think netgear should have enough data to fix it. i m happy to have another beta if netgear needs beta testers. and fyi i have enough distance between the devices. i have a  stable router (opnsense without any issues on other vlans with cheap wifi mesh systems) there are only my other cheap wifi devices but enough free channels between. also the wifi devices have enough distance to the orbi devices.

Message 144 of 526
FURRYe38
Guru

Curious to see if disabling AX mode on the RBR changes any behavior of the RBS? 

You may want to consider reverting FW back to v3...

@SergeL wrote:

Satellites are still randomly rebooting, but the router itself is working. At least disruption is minimal, my devices are just switching between router of satellites. Less disruption, but annoying.

@FURRYe38 wrote:

OK...

@SergeL wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Let us know. 

Message 145 of 526
martin1982
Guide

in my case nothing helped so far, deactivated ax just for 2.4ghz after deactivated both. i have about 18 alexas in my house with multiroom sound etc.... and this sh.... is not working because the satellites losing their connection. on top i don t wan t to downgrade to 3.xxx i have pay also for circle or can t remember the new name. sorry i m frustrated, i know it s the community forum but why there is a community if the vendor is not listen to us.... sorry 🙂

Message 146 of 526
FURRYe38
Guru

Understand. Running out of options here so you'll need to contact NG support and express your information to them. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/#

Reverting the system while you wait for NG support is an option you should look at. 

We can only do so much here. 

Message 147 of 526
SergeL
Apprentice

Yeah, planning to do firmware rollback to 3.x over weekend. 

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Curious to see if disabling AX mode on the RBR changes any behavior of the RBS? 

You may want to consider reverting FW back to v3...

@SergeL wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

OK...

@SergeL wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Let us know. 

Message 148 of 526
martin1982
Guide

i know we can t do more here but at the end i can t open tickets etc because it s after those 90 days. And i also can t "buy" the option to open a ticket (thats the next thing i could cry :-), they are delivering bugy firmware and we should pay to have at least the chance to create tickets... ) . but anyhow i hope they will deliver soon a software which bring back the stability i had some month ago with this system. 

Message 149 of 526
FURRYe38
Guru

You can revert FW and see if that changes anything. 

Contact a forum moderator as well.

@Blanca_O 

@martin1982 wrote:

i know we can t do more here but at the end i can t open tickets etc because it s after those 90 days. And i also can t "buy" the option to open a ticket (thats the next thing i could cry :-), they are delivering bugy firmware and we should pay to have at least the chance to create tickets... ) . but anyhow i hope they will deliver soon a software which bring back the stability i had some month ago with this system. 

Message 150 of 526
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7