Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New - RBR750/RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.9.11 Released

KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

New - RBR750/RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.9.11 Released

RBR750/RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.9.11 Released

New Features:

• Adds an auto-firmware upgrade enable/disable option  <Long awaited feature is FINALLY HERE!

Screenshot 2022-08-24 at 9.47.19 PM.png

https://kb.netgear.com/000038662/How-do-I-enable-disable-auto-firmware-update

• Adds support for IGMPv2 and IGMPv3 
  • Adds support for PCCW IGMP proxying 
  • Adds PPPoE passthrough option 
  • Adds Automatic Private IP Addressing (APIPA)
  • Adds an Intranet IP option 

Enhancements:

• Improves reliability of Ookla Speedtest results from the Orbi app and device UI
  • Improves reliability of the Armor device scan and associated device notifications

Bug Fixes:

• Fixes an issue where the incorrect model name displays on the RBS850 debug page
  • Various other minor bug fixes  

Security Fixes:

• Fixes security vulnerabilities.

For more information about security vulnerabilities, visit https://www.netgear.com/about/security.

Download Link:

RBR750: https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK752/RBR750-V4.6.9.11.zip

RBS750: https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK752/RBS750-V4.6.9.11.zip

Please navigate to the link below for step-by-step instructions on how to update your RBR750/RBS750:

https://kb.netgear.com/31573/How-do-I-manually-upgrade-firmware-on-my-Orbi-router-using-orbilogin-co...

NOTE: Orbi app or the routers web page may not report seeing new FW updates. NG may not push this to there auto update services immediately and may activate the newer FW update being seen on there auto update services at a later time. User will have the choice to manually update if you want too.

NOTE: The Disable Auto Update feature only prevents ANY new FW from being installed if available. This does NOT prevent the system from checking NG services to see if new FW is available. If new FW is available, this will be displayed as a notification to the user on the RBRs web page only. It will be up to the user to upgrade FW or not. 

A factory reset maybe needed if problems are encountered after the FW update:

https://kb.netgear.com/31486/How-do-I-reset-my-Orbi-system-to-factory-default-settings

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 1 of 73
FURRYe38
Guru

I've tried this version of FW and can confirm that the mysterious reboots no longer happen with email logging disabled after a factory reset. Hope this works for everyone else that saw this issue on prior versions of FW.

Message 2 of 73
David1313
Aspirant

Color me scared to install.  The current firmware seems to need a daily reboot to maintain clients.  However, the current firmware also doesn't detect that there's any newer firmware available.  I know my model, and this should work, why isn't it detected?

Message 3 of 73
FURRYe38
Guru

Orbi app or the routers web page may not report seeing new FW updates. NG may not push this to there auto update services immediately and may activate the newer FW update being seen on there auto update services at a later time. User will have the choice to manually update if you want too. Take a closer look at the release notes seen here.

Message 4 of 73
bcfleischmann
Aspirant

I apologize for my stupid questions but is this firmware the correct one for my system. AX4200 WiFi Mesh System (CBK753)

Message 5 of 73
FURRYe38
Guru

NO. 

Please always refer to the CBK752 Web site for ALL CBR750 and ALL RBS units what come with the CBR750 kit:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/cbk752.aspx

DO NOT USE RBK FW update files for RBS units that come with the CBR7 series systems!!!

Pelase post about any CBR/RBS issues, questions or problems in the correct forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-with-Built-in-Cable-Modem/bd-p/en-home-orbi-cable

Thank you. 

@bcfleischmann wrote:

I apologize for my stupid questions but is this firmware the correct one for my system. AX4200 WiFi Mesh System (CBK753)

Message 6 of 73
InitialG
Guide

I skipped the previous version but might try and play the Netgear lottery this weekend. Having the option to disable automatic updates sounds nice.

Plus hoping I don't randomly lose my guest network anymore and never was able to work out why my Samsung TV wouldn't reconnect to wifi since the 4.6.x updates, so hoping that might be magically fixed too.

Message 7 of 73
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know how it turns out. 

Message 8 of 73
Geddy007
Aspirant

Upgraded manually yesterday - RBS x2 first, then RBR. So far, solid with no issues.
Message 9 of 73
David1313
Aspirant

I applied it to my RBR and 1 RBS, so far, so good.  I was having issues with the satellite losing clients and losing 5ghz.  It has been 2 days.

Message 10 of 73
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a new back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 11 of 73
Berryvl
Star

Applied this fw yesterday (updated from 4.6.8.5)

I did not have any issues with 4.6.8.5, but i liked the option to disable automatic updates just so you can plan your updates rather than an update happening just before F1 race (for example)

First i could not find this option in the new fw, but it is "hidden" in the advanced/Administration/firmware page but strangely enough on the "Manual update" tab.. 

I performed the update by individually updating the RBS satellites one by one, I waited for every satellite to complete and connect to the RBR again before going to the next. Finally updated the RBR. the whole process took about 20 minutes (4 satellites, 1 Router). I did not power cycle anything before, during or after the update.

Finally also disabled the log emails.

Message 12 of 73
kevin242
Aspirant

After updating to V4.6.8.5_2.1.9 on my satellites and router. I still have issues with majority of my devices connecting to the router even though the device is closer to the satellites. Is this normal? Is there anyway I can change this? Should I relocate my router seeing as majority of devices connect to that. 

Message 13 of 73
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you update to v.5 or v.11? This thread is about the v.11 FW and experiences. 

@kevin242 wrote:

After updating to V4.6.8.5_2.1.9 on my satellites and router. I still have issues with majority of my devices connecting to the router even though the device is closer to the satellites. Is this normal? Is there anyway I can change this? Should I relocate my router seeing as majority of devices connect to that. 

Message 14 of 73
RockTheGlobe
Guide

Updated earlier this evening on my RBR750 and 2 RBS750 satellites, then took everything down and reset cable modem and the network.  The biggest issue I have so far is that it seems to have degraded my throughput and range…  When I run Speedtest on my iPad while I’m in the same room as the RBR750, I get a pretty decent reading — 11ms ping, 700+Mbps downstream, 40Mbps upstream — but if I move only one room away, my results are significantly lower:  25ms ping, 175-200Mbps downstream, 20Mbps upstream.  Previous firmware versions did not show that much of a drop, and I had pretty good (and uniform) coverage throughout the house.

Also, the Connection Type for my satellites on my Attached Devices list appears to have gone a little squiffy post-update as well.  At one point, 1 satellite was showing type as 2.4GHz and the other as wired (which it’s definitely not wired), but a few more refreshes of the list got them to finally both show 5GHz.

Message 15 of 73
Talk2Mike
Apprentice

I noticed the same issue post update. The Wireless speed has reduced slightly from the previous version.

Message 16 of 73
FURRYe38
Guru

@RockTheGlobe @Talk2Mike 

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Message 17 of 73
RockTheGlobe
Guide

Yes, all of those things were done.  I took down the entire network (including cable modem) for the better part of 5 minutes last night before powering everything back on, and I did reboot several devices (laptop, iPad, iPhone, etc.) as part of that process as well.

Message 18 of 73
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset been performed yet? 

I just took down my 7 series after being online for 11+ days on this version of FW. Worked great. 
I use manual channel 1 and 40. SIP ALG enabled. 

DHCP IP address pool size of .100 to .150 for my needs.

50% power with a ethernet connected RBS out at around 35 feet. 

Armor and SPC disabled as I don't use them. 

NG CM1200 cable modem

Message 19 of 73
RockTheGlobe
Guide

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Has a factory reset been performed yet? 

Yes, did it last night.

Message 20 of 73
GerryL
Aspirant

My RBR750 Main/Satellite upgrades went fine, but where do I now find the new auto-firmware upgrade enable/disable feature option? Thanks.

Message 21 of 73
FURRYe38
Guru

Review the first post...

Message 22 of 73
Theobuck
Apprentice

Do you suggest saving a backup before the upgrade, or after the upgrade, or both?
Message 23 of 73
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Theobuck,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

Backups are recommended before and after the upgrade.

Please ensure that the backups do not get mixed up. 

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 24 of 73
EdFerreira
Star

Strangely enough i'm being offered the 

V4.6.3.16 in my RBS750 in autoupdate after the 4.6.9.11 upgrade. What can it be?
Message 25 of 73
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7