Prodigy

Re: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version v4.6.7.5 Released

Updated and have not seen any new issue so far.  YMMV

Orbi_v4.6.7.5.png

Message 76 of 261
SeaRefractor
Apprentice

I'm very glad that this update has come out and was linked here in this forum.     I'd had may RBS750s rebooting randomly every couple of days prior to this update.    In addition, my relatively new 14" MacBook Pro M1 Max with WiFi 6 frequently dropping off from the WiFi environment and then eventually reconnecting.      Frustrating during video conferencing with team mates.

Neither of the two issues remain and appear to be fixed with this update.   I've run it for 2 days and neither issue has returned.

Message 77 of 261
Foden
Apprentice

That's good news

What, if any, changes did you make to the default settings and what process did you follow before and after you applied this firmware?

Message 78 of 261
Rudolphy
Apprentice

Installed V4.6.7.5_2.1.7 a day ago. No issues so far 🙂

Running in AP mode with 4 satellites. Standard cofig, AX on both radios, CTS/RTS 2347

Cheers RUDI

Message 79 of 261
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

@Rudolphy wrote:

Installed V4.6.7.5_2.1.7 a day ago. No issues so far 🙂

Running in AP mode with 4 satellites. Standard cofig, AX on both radios, CTS/RTS 2347

Cheers RUDI

Message 80 of 261
stlgasman
Tutor

I have started the process. In updating the satellite, it got to 99% and then the satellite went offline.
Message 81 of 261
stlgasman
Tutor

Reset on satellite fixed it and update success. Router update was uneventful. Time will tell if it solves problem. It’s weird though, some days router is fine. Last night, internet dropped ten times. If you wait, internet eventually comes back.
Message 82 of 261
TC_in_Montana
Virtuoso

@stlgasman wrote:
Reset on satellite fixed it and update success. Router update was uneventful. Time will tell if it solves problem. It’s weird though, some days router is fine. Last night, internet dropped ten times. If you wait, internet eventually comes back.

Is the internet dropping or is the router rebooting or can you tell -  and are you sure it's the router and not the modem?   I had an issue where I would lose internet for a bit - and actually it was my ISP provided modem actually dying and rebooting often.   I could tell it was the modem and not the router because I also lost my telephone (I have telephone and internet from my ISP).  

You might also want to look at the debug page on the router and check CPU Load and Memory Usage occasionally to see if CPU Load is way up or Memory Usage is growing.   Memory usage is shown similar to this:   Memory Usage(Used/Total): 369 MB/811 MB  (I am on a RBKE963 so amounts may be different).   If the first number is continuing to grow - then something is causing a memory leak  and could be causing your router to reboot.    Make sure you don't have Start Debug Log Capture when boot up  checked.    If it is, you could be filling up memory with debug log info - and causing it to crash/reboot.

To get to the debug screen (in case you don't know how) - log into your router via the IP address followed by /debug.htm  (i.e.  http://192.168.1.1/debug.htm)

Message 83 of 261
stlgasman
Tutor

It’s the router and not the modem. When router not working, direct connection to modem works. Debug on startup not checked. CPU load and memory usage is ok.
Message 84 of 261
TC_in_Montana
Virtuoso

@stlgasman

It was just some things I have encountered in the past. Was hoping something showed up to explain your issues.

Guess there's still something else going on. Hopefully you can find out what it is.
Message 85 of 261

At least for me this is the most stable V4 firmware update yet. Up for 7 days without any issues. I have about 30 devices so it's going through some rigorous workload. So far so good.
Message 86 of 261
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

@codejanitor wrote:
At least for me this is the most stable V4 firmware update yet. Up for 7 days without any issues. I have about 30 devices so it's going through some rigorous workload. So far so good.

Message 87 of 261
Foden
Apprentice

Do you use Whatsapp, Alexa Video at all? First time today I had issues with Alexa video call. Recipient said my sound was breaking up but I could hear them fine - no issues with video

Just realized that this may not be obvious from my setup in my signature

I have an ASUS RT-AC87U hardwired to my Orbi which I use for reliable Wi-Fi, no drops on WhatsApp, Alexa etc etc everything works fine. When I use the 5Ghz Wi-Fi off the Orbi it's a nightmare with drops and recipient can't hear me when I can hear them. Definately related to the Orbi Wi-Fi ans I use the same gear when using the ASUS Wi-Fi and all is well

Message 88 of 261
FURRYe38
Guru

what are your channels being used currently and what is the CTS set for on the RBR? 

I presume that you do disable the wifi radios on the ASUS routers when not in use? 

@Foden wrote:

Do you use Whatsapp, Alexa Video at all? First time today I had issues with Alexa video call. Recipient said my sound was breaking up but I could hear them fine - no issues with video

Just realized that this may not be obvious from my setup in my signature

I have an ASUS RT-AC87U hardwired to my Orbi which I use for reliable Wi-Fi, no drops on WhatsApp, Alexa etc etc everything works fine. When I use the 5Ghz Wi-Fi off the Orbi it's a nightmare with drops and recipient can't hear me when I can hear them. Definately related to the Orbi Wi-Fi ans I use the same gear when using the ASUS Wi-Fi and all is well

Message 89 of 261
Foden
Apprentice

CTS is set to 2347

Wi-Fi SSID and channel on the ASUS are different than the RBR, with 2.4Ghz disabled on the ASUS. Wi-Fi is disabled only when testing the RBR

Message 90 of 261
stlgasman
Tutor

I went 36 hours without an issue. Internet then dropped and restored in about 8 minutes.
Message 91 of 261
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Did the RBR get restored on it's own or did you do anything to the RBR? 

What was the front LED indicator on the RBR when this happened? 

@stlgasman wrote:
I went 36 hours without an issue. Internet then dropped and restored in about 8 minutes.

Message 92 of 261
FURRYe38
Guru

Same thing happens with CTS set to 64? 

@Foden wrote:

CTS is set to 2347

Wi-Fi SSID and channel on the ASUS are different than the RBR, with 2.4Ghz disabled on the ASUS. Wi-Fi is disabled only when testing the RBR

Message 93 of 261
Foden
Apprentice

Hmm, not 100% sure on this firmware release. Just changed it but likely can't test until tomorrow

Message 94 of 261
mrecom
Aspirant

Any idea when this will officially release through the auto-update process? If it is only a few days or a week then I'll just wait it out. Otherwise, I'll run through the manual steps...
Message 95 of 261
FURRYe38
Guru

We do get that information. This was a pre-release thing to help get users better exeperiences. NG maybe still tuning whats on the plate and may come up with something else. We don't know. So install it if you like or wait it out. Users or posting that there getting much better experiences with it. Seems to at least help with the major issues seen in current and prior v4 FW versions. 

@mrecom wrote:
Any idea when this will officially release through the auto-update process? If it is only a few days or a week then I'll just wait it out. Otherwise, I'll run through the manual steps...

Message 96 of 261
mrecom
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick reply! Ended up upgrading the fw on 2x satellites and router this afternoon. So far so good. Time will tell.
Message 97 of 261
FURRYe38
Guru

Keep an eye on things. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.

@mrecom wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply! Ended up upgrading the fw on 2x satellites and router this afternoon. So far so good. Time will tell.

Message 98 of 261
Tamilan
Initiate

Guys - I am mac user, downloaded the Firmware and updated the 2 satellites. Looking to update the Router but could not find the ".img" files in download. All I see is 2 file .chk when I unzip the downloaded zip file. I did try to update router with same .chk file used for satellites but both tries failed. 

Let me know, how to get this fixed.

Thank you.

Firmware.png

Message 99 of 261
Tamilan
Initiate

Nevermind, I was able to update router. 2 sat & 1 router updated to v4.6.7.5. Lets see how this performs. 

Message 100 of 261
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7