Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New - RBR850/RBS850 Firmware Version 4.6.9.11 Released

AndyKH
Tutor

Re: New - RBR850/RBS850 Firmware Version 4.6.9.11 Released,

I've tried Chrome, Edge, and just now Firefox (as Chrome not on your list I won't try that again)

Once downloaded and extracted I don't try and open the file,

I view file in file manager - Windows 10 calls the extracted file as file type "Recovered file fragments"

Any browser the extracted file is  RBS 33,796 kb and RBR 51,332 kb could you confirm those are correct file sizes, (How Windows describes the files may have no relevance)

the suffix is .chk

Message 51 of 165
FURRYe38
Guru

Again DO NOT attempt to open or view the .chk file in any file manager in Windows. 

Launch a browser and go into the RBS web page and under Firmware Upgrade, select the browse button. Navigate to the folder where the RBS .chk file is located. Select it the select OK. This should file in the Select FW file. Then select the upgrade button. 

Message 52 of 165
CrimpOn
Guru

@AndyKH wrote:

I view file in file manager - Windows 10 calls the extracted file as file type "Recovered file fragments"

(How Windows describes the files may have no relevance)

the suffix is .chk

This is correct.  In trying to be helpful, the Windows File Manager has created confusion.

*.chk is used for several file types: https://fileinfo.com/extension/chk 

Message 53 of 165
JoshDi
Apprentice

ignore, I fixed the problem that I thought was a bug. 

I've noticed in this build that NAT Loopback isnt working properly (it worked in all previous builds). e.g. I have a port forward for ssh into one of my devices. If I am connected to the lan and try to connect via the public internet address and port, I cannot connect - i.e. no loopback. Is there a fix for this? Is anyone else experiencing this in this build? 

I've just confirmed this is only happening because the port forward for the external port is different from the internal port. After enabling that external port as well for SSH on my device, I can connect via the WAN address and loopback works. I hope netgear fixes this issue in a later build back to how it was working previously. 

Message 54 of 165
JoshDi
Apprentice

Can someone explain what the Intranet IP option is for and where that new setting is? I cannot find it

Also, what is PCCW IGMP proxy support?

Finally, should
Support Automatic Priviate IP Addressing (APIPA) be enabled?
Message 55 of 165
FURRYe38
Guru

We are waiting for feedback from NG on those new items. 

@JoshDi wrote:
Can someone explain what the Intranet IP option is for and where that new setting is? I cannot find it

Also, what is PCCW IGMP proxy support?

Finally, should
Support Automatic Priviate IP Addressing (APIPA) be enabled?

Message 56 of 165
bullm00n
Luminary

Update went smoothly here.  So far no drama.

Message 57 of 165
quanah
Aspirant

Re: New - RBR850/RBS850 Firmware Version 4.6.9.11 Released

After upgrading, my voip phone no longer works.  It appears that the SIP ALG is enabled no regardless of what the setting shows in the UI.

Message 58 of 165
FURRYe38
Guru

What VoIP phone do you have? 

Did you factory reset and setup from scratch after applying the FW update? 

@quanah wrote:

After upgrading, my voip phone no longer works.  It appears that the SIP ALG is enabled no regardless of what the setting shows in the UI.

Message 59 of 165
quanah
Aspirant

It's a polycom, and no I didn't do a factory reset.  I have gone and told it to enable then disable SIP ALG again, and no effect.  Worked fine prior to the firmware update.  I'll try a full reset next, but if that's necessary the level of incompetence at NG is astonishing.

Message 60 of 165
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

@FURRYe38 wrote:

What VoIP phone do you have? 

Did you factory reset and setup from scratch after applying the FW update? 

@quanah wrote:

Message 61 of 165
quanah
Aspirant

Why is that material?  Again, this all worked *prior* to upgrading to the latest firmware from NG (Previously on 4.7 something).

Message 62 of 165
quanah
Aspirant

Saved my configuration, did a factory reset, and then restored my configs and it works.  So clearly NG writes faulty firmware, end user beware.

Message 63 of 165
FURRYe38
Guru

Also posted that a Factory Reset maybe needed if problems are observed in the first post in this thread. 

Users are notified. 

Message 64 of 165
out2pgh
Aspirant

Since this firmware update, 4.6.9.11, all my devices have kept dropping off the network.  Having issues with Kasa plugs and my cameras.  I did a factory reset and still having the same problem.  I called Netgear, and they said others are having the issue and go back to Firmware 4.6.8.5.  I was still waiting for second-level support to call.  

Model: CM1150V|DOCSIS 3.1 Nighthawk® Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY® Voice
Message 65 of 165
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

How many RBS do you have deployed? 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set CTS to 2347. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s). Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

@out2pgh wrote:

Since this firmware update, 4.6.9.11, all my devices have kept dropping off the network.  Having issues with Kasa plugs and my cameras.  I did a factory reset and still having the same problem.  I called Netgear, and they said others are having the issue and go back to Firmware 4.6.8.5.  I was still waiting for second-level support to call.  

Message 66 of 165
out2pgh
Aspirant

4000 square foot home with RBK853.  Cat 6 Backhaul. Comcast CM1150V.  

Message 67 of 165
out2pgh
Aspirant

4000 sq home, RBK853 with Cat6 Backhaul, 1(RBR850)  2(RBS850), Comcast CM1150V,  Live in a neighborhood with 40 homes, everyone broadcasting.  Everything was working until the Firmware upgrade. Then everything keeps dropping.  I went back to 4.6.8.5 everything works again without doing a factory reset

Message 68 of 165
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok well for that size of home, Only the RBR and 1 RBS would be needed. 
Would need to check this next time along with trying some channel changes and power level changes as well. 

I've not seen any odd issues like this as with v.11 loaded as others haven't as well. 

Keep what's loaded if it works.

Good Luck. 

Message 69 of 165
WilsonFlips
Initiate

Interesting. I just bought the 853 and set it up only to discover my Kasa plugs and bulbs are having constant disconnects. Thought maybe it just wasn’t compatible with my IOT goodies. I was planning to return the Orbi this weekend, but maybe it’s just a firmware bug.

Message 70 of 165
scorn242
Apprentice

Hi all. While this gets researched by the manufacturer (potentially indicated below), might it be a good time to ensure all the IoT devices have had their own firmware checked and updated if available?

Just to cover all possibilities.

Message 71 of 165
out2pgh
Aspirant

My August locks were also affected
Message 72 of 165
WRSORBI
Luminary

Have rbk852 with Kasa hs103/Hs105 plugs. Zero problems with new firmware.

Message 73 of 165
darbuckle
Tutor

RBS 850 Satellites since upgrading to v 4.6.9.11 broadcast the guest network even though the guest network is disabled. I have factory reset the satellites, they resync just fine, but continue to broadcast the guest network.  I saw this in versions prior to 4.6.8.5 but v 4.6.8.5 did NOT have this issue.  It has re-materialized in v 4.6.9.11. 

Message 74 of 165
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you factory reset the RBS AND RBR as well and setup from scratch? 

@darbuckle wrote:

RBS 850 Satellites since upgrading to v 4.6.9.11 broadcast the guest network even though the guest network is disabled. I have factory reset the satellites, they resync just fine, but continue to broadcast the guest network.  I saw this in versions prior to 4.6.8.5 but v 4.6.8.5 did NOT have this issue.  It has re-materialized in v 4.6.9.11. 

Message 75 of 165
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7