Luminary
Luminary

Re: New - RBR850 / RBS850 Firmware Version v4.6.7.13 Official Release

Thanks, will do so @FURRYe38 

Message 126 of 142
ENedo
Aspirant

Anyone have issues with all devices randomly losing connection after update? Since updating, we’ll lose all internet, WiFi and hardwired to router but no issues coming in from isp or at the modem (plugging in directly with laptop).

Held off on updating until last night, full reboot after firmware update and no issues on previous version.
Message 127 of 142
FURRYe38
Guru

Not with mine. 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Traffic Meter. Turn off AX for 2.4
CTS set to 2347

@ENedo wrote:
Anyone have issues with all devices randomly losing connection after update? Since updating, we’ll lose all internet, WiFi and hardwired to router but no issues coming in from isp or at the modem (plugging in directly with laptop).

Held off on updating until last night, full reboot after firmware update and no issues on previous version.

Message 128 of 142
ENedo
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick follow up.

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Netgear CM700

Approximately 4,000 sq ft

What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
RBS is 28’ from RBR. One floor up on opposite side of house. Blue connection prior to firmware update (still blue now) and no issue with RBS. Problem seems to be full outage as devices on both RBR and RBS lose connection.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz.
Running this on previous firmware and current firmware.

Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Will test this and report back after giving it a day.

Neighbors on both sides separated by approximately 2 acres each. No apparent issues previously.

Armor, Circle, Traffic Meter.
Turned off Traffic Meter after second drop for testing purposes, currently still off. Armor meter off. Will turn off Parental Controls and report after a day.

Turn off AX for 2.4 CTS set to 2347.
Will try and report back.

Thanks again
Message 129 of 142
ENedo
Aspirant

Tested all recommended setting changes, no luck. Still having issues with the network freezing for 15-30 seconds at a time. All devices lose connection, both wireless and wired, and can't connect to Orbi app.

Would my next best bet be a factory reset? Hoping to avoid but it sound like downgrading firmware is more of a hassle than a factory reset and isn't officially supported. Unfortunate as no issues were present until 4.6.7.13 and I held off upgrading for a while...

Message 130 of 142
Zweiklang
Aspirant

Do you happen to have switches in use? Maybe even daisy-chained some?
Reducing the Switches and cabling right to the satellite helped for me, but not entirely.
Also, double-check whether your modem Is plugged in the yellow jack of the router. Sound silly, but this can also cause issues without the network failing entirely.
Message 131 of 142
ENedo
Aspirant

I have one switch running from the router but had disconnected early on in the troubleshooting process. Modem is connected to the to the correct port on the RBR850 (lol I did verify)

Message 132 of 142
FURRYe38
Guru

If you have not facotry reset yet, that will be needed next. 

I recommend powering OFF the ISP modem for 1 minute along with the RBR and RBS after you reset and before you walk thru the Setup wizard. 

@ENedo wrote:

Tested all recommended setting changes, no luck. Still having issues with the network freezing for 15-30 seconds at a time. All devices lose connection, both wireless and wired, and can't connect to Orbi app.

Would my next best bet be a factory reset? Hoping to avoid but it sound like downgrading firmware is more of a hassle than a factory reset and isn't officially supported. Unfortunate as no issues were present until 4.6.7.13 and I held off upgrading for a while...

Message 133 of 142
ENedo
Aspirant

Just finished completing factory reset. Power down of modem, RBR, and RBS both before reset and starting setup. Was hoping factory reset would revert to older firmware but no such luck. Will provide updates.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Message 134 of 142
FURRYe38
Guru

Factory resets do NOT revert FW. 

Keep us posted. 

@ENedo wrote:

Just finished completing factory reset. Power down of modem, RBR, and RBS both before reset and starting setup. Was hoping factory reset would revert to older firmware but no such luck. Will provide updates.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Message 135 of 142
Ely
Luminary
Luminary

So far no issues after updating to this firmware more than a week ago.

Message 136 of 142
McLong
Apprentice

Good to hear. Mine was fairly stable for about 19 days until various devices started dropping off randomly. Power cycling the router and satellites brought the system back to normal. Before this firmware a reboot was required every 7 days. Hoping the next firmware improves upon the current.
Message 137 of 142
ENedo
Aspirant

No luck, still experiencing frequent full network drops. Is there an easy way to roll back firmware or is the process as difficult as others on the forums make it out to be? Hoping it’s as simple as manually loading older firmware similar to a manual upgrade.
Message 138 of 142
FURRYe38
Guru

Would you make a new post and lets see if we can help you there...Should not be having problems with v.13 loaded.

@ENedo wrote:
No luck, still experiencing frequent full network drops. Is there an easy way to roll back firmware or is the process as difficult as others on the forums make it out to be? Hoping it’s as simple as manually loading older firmware similar to a manual upgrade.

Message 139 of 142
FURRYe38
Guru

My 8 series is sollid and stable for 5 days with v.13 loaded.

RBR850_5DayUpTime1GbPortCAX80.png

Odd issue i see is that the uptime resets every 7 hours if I connect it to my CAX80s 2.5Gb internet port. Doesn't do this when connected to a 1Gb port. Were looking into this. 

Message 140 of 142
Joab76
Aspirant

Betreff: New - RBR850 / RBS850 Firmware Version v4.6.7.13 Official Release

Updated the fw for my rbs850 and rbr850. I am still having problem with the satellite loosing connection to the router. The back haul is connected tfhrough LAN. I’m working from home 100% and my laptop is connected to the satellite and every time there is a short glitch my VPN drops between my laptop and my company server. The best solution yet is to turn of the satellite. Until this is fixed. I’m not happy with this product
Message 141 of 142
FURRYe38
Guru

New - RBR850 / RBS850 Firmware Version v4.6.7.13 Official Release

Is the RBS directly connected to the RBR or is there a LAN switch in between? 

What CAT# LAN cable are you using inbetween the RBR and RBS? 

https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.

Also try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set CTS to 2347. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s). Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Armor, Circle, Traffic Meter.

@Joab76 wrote:
Updated the fw for my rbs850 and rbr850. I am still having problem with the satellite loosing connection to the router. The back haul is connected tfhrough LAN. I’m working from home 100% and my laptop is connected to the satellite and every time there is a short glitch my VPN drops between my laptop and my company server. The best solution yet is to turn of the satellite. Until this is fixed. I’m not happy with this product

Message 142 of 142
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7