Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New - RBR850 / RBS850 Firmware Version v4.6.7.5 Released

NGSvensk
Apprentice

Firmware Version v4.6.7.5 is broken for satellites.  I downgraded to 4.6.6.11 and it is totallly different on how the satallite handles clients.  The downgrade was butal to the satellite but eventually got it up and going. 

Been rock solid since about midnight yesterday and the satellite has over double the clients that V4.6.7.5 would have.

I think that like the earlier versions 4.6.6.11 factory reset on the satellite does not work.  Version 4.6.7.5 satellite reset did work, so I know that my satellite is not broken.

I hope that Netgear does not force upgrades to this new version that is still clearly broken

Message 76 of 460
tjtrimble
Luminary

I have been on 4.6.6.11 for 11 days now & its been rock solid!  I have no plans to risk it and try the 4.6.7.5.  I'm sold on it and hope it doesn't auto update on me when the offical release comes out.  

Message 77 of 460
FURRYe38
Guru

This version is just a prerelease version as to get some stability and help user with prior version v4.6.3x that gave bad experiences. There maybe some tuning still needed. Use what works best for you. However also be sure you fully troubleshoot the problem and reset and setup from scratch as well before claiming FW is bad. May not be bad for everyone. Other are reporting different experiences. 

I've not seen any issues with my RBS with this version installed. I ran both my RBS wireless at first for several days. No issues with clients connecting. This past week I ethernet connected both of them. Still no issues seen. Gotta say since v4.6.5.14 and v4.6.6.11, all three of these version have brought stability and way better operation since v4.6.3x. Something I know you all have been waiting too long for. 

Basic Information
Firmware Version: V4.6.7.5_2.1.7

dumaos: v3.0.410

seal: v2.1.5.21-0

seal_services: v2.1.5.9-0

armor-bd: v2.2.100.3

spc-circle: v3.25.0.2

CPU Load: 10.86%

Memory Usage(Used/Total): 342 MB/874 MB

System Uptime: 5 days 05:10:48

Yes, were hoping NG will continue to tune up this FW and continue to improve it as time goes on. Hopefully NG is on the right path now. 

Message 78 of 460
arlomike
Apprentice

This update finally fixed my problem with my wifi connection on my KS8000 Samsung TV.  With previous official update, my TV couldn't connect via wifi..so frustrating either via DHCP or static using WPA2 personal.  With this update, it's now connected.  Will continue to monitor if it loses it's connection but for 2 days, it's working.

Message 79 of 460
RelaxMinders
Guide

Chiming in with my experience: So far so good. No more spontaneous rebooting, and everything that used to work still works.

[EDIT] PS: I got it from support directly. I suggest everyone do this. You can't trust that the salesforce link is real unless you got it from Netgear.

Message 80 of 460
FURRYe38
Guru

FYI, the link is official NG links. These come directly from NG. Just because it doesn't have netgear in the link itself doesn't mean its not netgear. 

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed. 

@RelaxMinders wrote:

Chiming in with my experience: So far so good. No more spontaneous rebooting, and everything that used to work still works.

[EDIT] PS: I got it from support directly. I suggest everyone do this. You can't trust that the salesforce link is real unless you got it from Netgear.

Message 81 of 460
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad it working better. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed. 

@arlomike wrote:

This update finally fixed my problem with my wifi connection on my KS8000 Samsung TV.  With previous official update, my TV couldn't connect via wifi..so frustrating either via DHCP or static using WPA2 personal.  With this update, it's now connected.  Will continue to monitor if it loses it's connection but for 2 days, it's working.

Message 82 of 460
dbjoye
Star

I have the RBR850 and RBS850 and am having the constant disconnect issue. I would like to try this firmware but that link looks to be only a .chk Windows file. Is there a version I can use for Mac? 

Message 83 of 460
FURRYe38
Guru

The .chk file is for the Orbi system, Windows or Mac doesn't matter and you don't open the .chk file. You send it to the RBS first the RBR lasty using the manual update process linked in the first post using a web browser connected to the RBS or RBRs FW update web page. 

@dbjoye wrote:

I have the RBR850 and RBS850 and am having the constant disconnect issue. I would like to try this firmware but that link looks to be only a .chk Windows file. Is there a version I can use for Mac? 

Message 84 of 460
dbjoye
Star

Thank you! I've installed 4.6.7.5 and power cycled my RBR850 and 2 RBS850. I've noticed one dropout in the first five minutes from 1 satellite. I'll give it some more time before doing a factory reset. Fingers crossed. 

Message 85 of 460
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

@dbjoye wrote:

Thank you! I've installed 4.6.7.5 and power cycled my RBR850 and 2 RBS850. I've noticed one dropout in the first five minutes from 1 satellite. I'll give it some more time before doing a factory reset. Fingers crossed. 

Message 86 of 460
dbjoye
Star

So I've just noticed at least one more random disconnect while sitting near one of the satellites. Would you recommend a factory reset on the RBR850 and both RBS850? I'm really getting frustrated with almost $1000 worth of routers and constant drops.

Message 87 of 460
meeper34
Aspirant

I installed the firmware and I think the issue is actually worse now. I’m resetting my router and satellites today as a last resort. I’m mad as well. I spent over 1000 on these, and they were amazing until I’m assuming an unwanted firmware patch was forced on us.
Message 88 of 460
FURRYe38
Guru

IF you powered the Orbi system OFF for 1 minute or longer then back ON after appling this FW version and your still haveing problems, try a full on reset and setup from scratch. I'd power off the ISP modem for 1 minute then back ON as well.

@dbjoye @meeper34 

Message 89 of 460
ElCapo
Luminary

I genuinely feel it is horses for courses at the moment with this kit and firmware. For some
It works, for others the issues continue.
Ultimately it comes down to netgear to sort this out. Similar symptoms found in this thread…

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/RBK853-With-Ethernet-Backhaul-Satell...

Message 90 of 460
TC_in_Montana
Virtuoso

@ElCapo wrote:
I genuinely feel it is horses for courses at the moment with this kit and firmware. For some
It works, for others the issues continue.
Ultimately it comes down to netgear to sort this out. Similar symptoms found in this thread…

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/RBK853-With-Ethernet-Backhaul-Satell...

One of the most difficult tasks is fixing for some unique conditions and NOT breaking existing functionality.  

Message 91 of 460
NGSvensk
Apprentice

I found the same thing. Going back to V4.6.6.11_ fixed it all.

Message 92 of 460
dbjoye
Star

How do you go back to 4.6.6.11?

Message 93 of 460
Dd852
Luminary

I'm still on 4.6.7.5 but I tend to agree that the prevous beta was marginally better - better "stickiness" to the satellites particularly the one at the end of a daisy chain. I hope Netgear monitors these forums in some way. Both 4.6.7.5 and 4.6.6.x are streets better than the current production version, but whatever changed in 4.6.7.5 was not for the better!

Message 94 of 460
Lele855
Guide

Hi guys, I’ve updated the firmware to the 4.6.7.5 bot RBR and RBS (with some troubles) from about 7days. I experienced again internet freeze about 2 times a day, probably when the load on the network is heavy, for example in the evening when I watch sometimes on streaming tv. Please consider that I have PCs, TVs, Raspberry, smart home appliances and devices constantly connected to that lan and with access to internet.
I would Locke to share this because it’s very annoying seeing that, because with the previous firmware all going well.. please also consider that the settings of the RBR not changed.
Netgear, please fix!!
Message 95 of 460
scorn242
Apprentice

In these discussion threads in the AX topic group, there is a link to or the actual actual procedure to revel the hidden functionality in the RBR850 admin GUI by opening up the Chrome html editor (F12 key) and do a minor edit. Once edit done the ability to downgrade is now visible. My problem is I can't find the post. Is there someone in the community that remembers where that was?

Message 96 of 460
SpeedPro_03
Tutor

I'm  also trying to find the file to downgrade to version 4.6.6.11, but cannot find it!! Anyone can share the download link please?

Message 97 of 460
KMDonlon
Luminary

The only link for v4.6.6.11 seems to be dead... wanted to use it again but not able to find a working link.
Message 98 of 460
scorn242
Apprentice

I just placed 4.6.6.11 zip file that contains both the RBR and RBS file into the Google shared link I posted in this thread further up. The file names tell you which one to download.

Message 99 of 460
dbjoye
Star

Thank you. I started with the satellites rolling back from 4.6.7.5 to 4.6.6.11. It seemed like it went fine but both satellites are flashing white and are offline. When I look on the network map on the app, they have the magenta dot for offline and still show 4.6.7.5. They don't show up at all on orbilogin page now. It's been about 20 minutes since I did the rollback.

Do I unplug them for a bit? Do a factory reset first?

Message 100 of 460
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7