Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New - RBR850 / RBS850 Firmware Version v4.6.7.5 Released

FURRYe38
Guru

Did you power OFF the system for 1 minute after you applied the FW or has a factory reset and setup from scratch been perormed yet? 

@Lele855 wrote:
Hi guys, I’ve updated the firmware to the 4.6.7.5 bot RBR and RBS (with some troubles) from about 7days. I experienced again internet freeze about 2 times a day, probably when the load on the network is heavy, for example in the evening when I watch sometimes on streaming tv. Please consider that I have PCs, TVs, Raspberry, smart home appliances and devices constantly connected to that lan and with access to internet.
I would Locke to share this because it’s very annoying seeing that, because with the previous firmware all going well.. please also consider that the settings of the RBR not changed.
Netgear, please fix!!

Message 101 of 460
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset. 

It's recommended that when you update FW, use the RBS web page to up them first, then send the RBR FW. 

After the RBS and RBR are back online, power them OFF for 1 minute or more then back ON with the RBR first, then RBS one at time. 

If you see problems after this, then try a full on factory reset. 

7+days of up time and good operation on v5 FW: Power cycle only.

Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 10.46.46 AM.png

Message 102 of 460
_ps7ch0_
Aspirant

Upgrade done and full factory reset as well.

All is working smoothly with my 3 satellites.

Screenshot 2022-01-16 at 20.46.05.png

Message 103 of 460
Lele855
Guide

Yes I did a factory reset before installing new version (rbr+RBS) and 3 minutes of power off (RBR+RBS).
The issue seems to be related to the quantity of load of the lan, because I noticed that if I start streaming a video from Netflix or Disney+ while having something on Spotify, surfing internet and other (raspberry with home assistant with 2 io cam and +\- 35 devices connected), the internet drop down.
Message 104 of 460
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

@_ps7ch0_ wrote:

Upgrade done and full factory reset as well.

All is working smoothly with my 3 satellites.

Screenshot 2022-01-16 at 20.46.05.png

Message 105 of 460
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you make up and post a diagram of how your system is setup? 

Please include Brand and Model if your ISP mode.

@Lele855 wrote:
Yes I did a factory reset before installing new version (rbr+RBS) and 3 minutes of power off (RBR+RBS).
The issue seems to be related to the quantity of load of the lan, because I noticed that if I start streaming a video from Netflix or Disney+ while having something on Spotify, surfing internet and other (raspberry with home assistant with 2 io cam and +\- 35 devices connected), the internet drop down.

Message 106 of 460
meeper34
Aspirant

So after I did a reset of the router and 2 satellites, the dropping issues seem to have gone away for now. It still shows that I am running this beta version though. Does that mean it’s not actually a firmware issue? What does the reset do that would explain this? Just curious!
Message 107 of 460
StOlive
Guide

Hi @FURRYe38 ,

I have and RBR850 and 1 RBS850 Satellite. I have been having speed issues for few weeks now. I am on 1GIG connection which has dropped off to 90mbps second. This was not the case few months back. Should i upgrade to your suggested firmware which is in beta ? I am a newbie and would really appreciate some help. Please. 

Message 108 of 460
dbjoye
Star

Need some help. I have 1 RBR850 and 2 RBS850 satellites. I have the dropout issue. Updated all 3 to the 4.6.7.5 and that didn't improve the situation. So installed 4.6.6.11 yesterday. The RBR seems to have updated just fine. But I can't get either satellite to connect. One has a flashing white bar and the other a solid white bar. I can't get them to pull up on the app or orbilogin. I've done a factory reset on both. One is connected via ethernet backhaul to the RBR and the other is wireless. What am I doing wrong to get these satellites to connect? I've unplugged all 3 devices for 10mins and then powered them on. Any suggestions welcome. I'm about to pull my last remaining hair out.

Message 109 of 460
Chuck_M
Mentor

@dbjoye wrote:http://gabrielecirulli.github.io/2048/

Need some help. I have 1 RBR850 and 2 RBS850 satellites. I have the dropout issue. Updated all 3 to the 4.6.7.5 and that didn't improve the situation. So installed 4.6.6.11 yesterday. The RBR seems to have updated just fine. But I can't get either satellite to connect. One has a flashing white bar and the other a solid white bar. I can't get them to pull up on the app or orbilogin. I've done a factory reset on both. One is connected via ethernet backhaul to the RBR and the other is wireless. What am I doing wrong to get these satellites to connect? I've unplugged all 3 devices for 10mins and then powered them on. Any suggestions welcome. I'm about to pull my last remaining hair out.

Here is a crazy thought.   I also upgraded and things worked ok for a bit and then started doing exactly what you described above.

Last weekend I went through and made a few changes to my settings and ALL of the resets went away.

I turned off all logging (thinking that perhaps I was over-filling some buffer causing a reset)

I turned off traffic meter (thinking that it too may overflow some buffer causing a reset)

Can you check what you have those set to and then turn them off and restart to see if that changes anything?

If you were like me, I was willing to try anything and I have been ROCK SOLID ever since.

Message 110 of 460
TC_in_Montana
Virtuoso

@Chuck_M wrote:

Here is a crazy thought.   I also upgraded and things worked ok for a bit and then started doing exactly what you described above.

Last weekend I went through and made a few changes to my settings and ALL of the resets went away.

I turned off all logging (thinking that perhaps I was over-filling some buffer causing a reset)

I turned off traffic meter (thinking that it too may overflow some buffer causing a reset)

Can you check what you have those set to and then turn them off and restart to see if that changes anything?

If you were like me, I was willing to try anything and I have been ROCK SOLID ever since.

Great ideas!    Just a quick question for clarification -    when you said you turned off all logging -   do you mean at the router log or debug log (or both)?   Internal logs overflowing could definitely be causing some of the issues.

I have router logs automatically E-Mailed daily - and it does a clear of the log when it does so (at least 95% of the time).   And if you have logs set to E-Mail set up - I have seen that it automatically mails as well if it fills up (like if you have a device that has issues connecting and does bunches of DHCP requests, or even DOS attacks).

But thanks for the suggestions - it just gives others something to look at and maybe somehow figure out what is causing the disconnect issue.

Message 111 of 460
Chuck_M
Mentor

@TC_in_Montana wrote:

@Chuck_M wrote:

Great ideas!    Just a quick question for clarification -    when you said you turned off all logging -   do you mean at the router log or debug log (or both)?   Internal logs overflowing could definitely be causing some of the issues.

I have router logs automatically E-Mailed daily - and it does a clear of the log when it does so (at least 95% of the time).   And if you have logs set to E-Mail set up - I have seen that it automatically mails as well if it fills up (like if you have a device that has issues connecting and does bunches of DHCP requests, or even DOS attacks).

But thanks for the suggestions - it just gives others something to look at and maybe somehow figure out what is causing the disconnect issue.

I Turned off ALL logging that would consume any space inside the router thinking of buffer overruns.   Give it a shot

Message 112 of 460
FURRYe38
Guru

@meeper34 wrote:
So after I did a reset of the router and 2 satellites, the dropping issues seem to have gone away for now. It still shows that I am running this beta version though. What version are you seeing here actually? Should be v4.6.7.5 on the RBR and RBS.
Does that mean it’s not actually a firmware issue? Don't know yet.
What does the reset do that would explain this? Just curious! Factory reset clears out any user configurations made on the RBR and sets defaults back to what they were when NG set the FW up. Also can clear out any old lingering FW code. 

Message 113 of 460
FURRYe38
Guru

What version do you have loaded no? 

I won't hurt anything to update. All prior versions of FW have been problematic since last year and people have been complaining and wanting someting better. This version in this thread seems to have brought in better stability and better operations. 

WIress AX Bridge connected to RBR:

Over900MpbsWirelessAsusGTAX11000Bridge2.png

iPhone 12 Connected to RBS downstairs in dining room:

IphoneSpeedTestResults_DRRBS.jpg

Basic Information

Firmware Version: V4.6.7.5_2.1.7

dumaos: v3.0.410

seal: v2.1.5.21-0

seal_services: v2.1.5.9-0

armor-bd: v2.2.100.3

spc-circle: v3.25.0.2

CPU Load: 10.94%

Memory Usage(Used/Total): 343 MB/874 MB

System Uptime: 8 days 23:10:29

@StOlive

@StOlive wrote:

Hi @FURRYe38 ,

I have and RBR850 and 1 RBS850 Satellite. I have been havin...

Message 114 of 460
FURRYe38
Guru

@dbjoye @Chuck_M @TC_in_Montana 

FYI, I have Traffic Meter enabled and set to No Limit, however I have disabled the following under Admin/Logs

Attempted access to allowed sites
Attempted access to blocked sites and services

VPN Service

Manual Channels 1 and 40 for wireless.

CTS still set for default of 64

Transmit power set to 50%. (Seems to have been working for me since I have a NEST controller thats 4 feet away from the RBR. NOt sure if setting at 100% would bring back the low battery issue or not. Over all 50% has been working well for me on past couple of FW versions.)

NTP set for NGs NTP and DST is enabled. 

RBS are ethernet connected. Were initially wireless connected for 3-4 days prior to going ethernet backhaul.

Working on 8+ days of solid up time on the system. 

Message 115 of 460
Pura_Vida
Tutor

I am back to running this FW version, since Netgear support is recommending I try it again.  But as a result of going back and forth, I seem to have "bricked" the second satellite (flashing white), and I can't restore it via factory reset.  Netgear support is recommending I restore it via FTFP, but I think I'll need to call them back on this, since the instructions online don't include FTFP software that works for MacOS Big Sur.

If anyone has any suggestions or a link for the right FTFP softare and instructions to restore my second satellite, I'll owe you my most sincere thanks.

Message 116 of 460
CrimpOn
Guru

TFTP has been included in MacOS in the past, but "hidden".

https://www.wirelessphreak.com/2016/07/using-built-in-tftp-server-on-os-x-el.html 

Is it still hidden on Big Sur?.... or 'gone'?

Message 117 of 460
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you ethernet connect the RBS to the RBR? Can you access it's web page at all using the IP address it may get from the RBR? 

@Pura_Vida wrote:

I am back to running this FW version, since Netgear support is recommending I try it again.  But as a result of going back and forth, I seem to have "bricked" the second satellite (flashing white), and I can't restore it via factory reset.  Netgear support is recommending I restore it via FTFP, but I think I'll need to call them back on this, since the instructions online don't include FTFP software that works for MacOS Big Sur.

If anyone has any suggestions or a link for the right FTFP softare and instructions to restore my second satellite, I'll owe you my most sincere thanks.

Message 118 of 460
HWI0031
Guide

No link needed, it's native even in Monterey.

This explains it:

https://www.petenetlive.com/KB/Article/0001247

Good luck.

Message 119 of 460
dbjoye
Star

Chuck_M, 

I may have to send you a present! I rolled back to 4.6.6.11 and was still having the dropouts. Turned off all logging and traffic meter (I think mine was already off) and fingers crossed I haven't noticed a single drop since! 

THANK YOU!!!!

Message 120 of 460
Pura_Vida
Tutor

I connected it on Friday, and it showed up as a device, not a Satellite.  But as a result, it showed an IP address, which is what I might be able to use for the FTFP firmware process.  I spent two more hours with Netgear support, and they are working on the performance issues, but offered to replace my Satellite b/c it also won't keep an Ethernet connection (keeps toggling from red to green within the Apple System Preferences / Network menu).

I may try this FTFP again, thanks to the link provided a couple of posts up (thank you for this!), and Netgear's engineers captured a ton of info from me and expect to get back to me next week.  In the meantime, I have another router system delivering on Friday, and if it performs the same or better, I may just make the switch to the other solution, since I've spent far too much time on issues and calming my ever-more-frustrated family members.

Message 121 of 460
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. Ya, seems like the RBS is faulty. Keep in contact with NG support for sure. Hope new system will be good. 

@Pura_Vida wrote:

I connected it on Friday, and it showed up as a device, not a Satellite.  But as a result, it showed an IP address, which is what I might be able to use for the FTFP firmware process.  I spent two more hours with Netgear support, and they are working on the performance issues, but offered to replace my Satellite b/c it also won't keep an Ethernet connection (keeps toggling from red to green within the Apple System Preferences / Network menu).

I may try this FTFP again, thanks to the link provided a couple of posts up (thank you for this!), and Netgear's engineers captured a ton of info from me and expect to get back to me next week.  In the meantime, I have another router system delivering on Friday, and if it performs the same or better, I may just make the switch to the other solution, since I've spent far too much time on issues and calming my ever-more-frustrated family members.

Message 122 of 460
Chuck_M
Mentor

@dbjoye wrote:

Chuck_M, 

I may have to send you a present! I rolled back to 4.6.6.11 and was still having the dropouts. Turned off all logging and traffic meter (I think mine was already off) and fingers crossed I haven't noticed a single drop since! 

THANK YOU!!!!

Mine is still rock solid.  Let's keep an eye on both systems and see if it stays that way.

Message 123 of 460
mikijoe1
Tutor

Hello !

I own an Orbi system and I have some of the problems that you mention in these posts that may be fixed by this future firmware upgrade.

ORBI RBR850 which is in AP mode (and DHCP) + 4 satellites RBS850 which are connected to the RBR850 with ethernet cables (Backhaul ethernet direclty wired to ports 1,2,3,4 of the RBR850). Everything is up to date with the latest official version (in France) which is V4.6.3.16_2.0.51.

My internet provider is Free (in France) using optical fiber (10Gb EPON) and the box is Freebox Delta (having an integrated router with 4 ethenet Gibagit ports).

The problem is that one satellite becomes not visible in the RBR850 admin basic homepage but visible in the "connected satellites" on the "attached devices" page (but not in the firmware upgrade page), Orbi iOS app is also able to see all satellites (but the one which is connected to RBR850 port 1 has nothing listed to connected to it, but in reallity it has some ethernet devices pluged in) and after a while it becomes the "disconnected", but still works if connected to Wifi backhaul (after resynchonize button operation). I realized that this satellite having issues is connected to port 1 of the RBR850, in the firmware changelog you mention here v4.6.7.5 there is a mention regarding this issue fixing on this port (whern RBR is in AP mode).

I very disapointed by french support because they asked me to make a lot of operations (resets, synchro, etc.) and they are not aware of this bug related to ethernet backhaul on port 1 and they have no idea about a new firmware release that may fix this. Why do some local support teams have not exchanges/communications with central NG support team ?

They just told me that I have return the whole pack (that costs around 2000 Euros) to amazon as I have until 31st January to be refunded.

I would prefer to give this product a chance and try this firmware upgrade (even if I'm afraid there are others problems to come with this one), but I'm not sure if it will cancel the guarantee if the firmware is not officialy released on NG download section (or in the RBR850 admin page)

Also, could you tell me if the satellites have also the same version of this new firmware, I guess the files are not the same for RBR and RBS.

I read that we should upgrade satellites first then the router, and restart everything one by one (router first).

Message 124 of 460
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes RBS should have same version of FW and yes, if you update manually, update the RBS first using there web page, then update the RBR lastly. Once the RBS and RBR are back to ready, power them OFF for 1 minute or longer along witht he ISP ONT or modem. Then back ON with the ONT or Modem first, then RBR and the RBS. 

@mikijoe1 wrote:

Hello !

I own an Orbi system and I have some of the problems that you mention in these posts that may be fixed by this future firmware upgrade.

ORBI RBR850 which is in AP mode (and DHCP) + 4 satellites RBS850 which are connected to the RBR850 with ethernet cables (Backhaul ethernet direclty wired to ports 1,2,3,4 of the RBR850). Everything is up to date with the latest official version (in France) which is V4.6.3.16_2.0.51.

My internet provider is Free (in France) using optical fiber (10Gb EPON) and the box is Freebox Delta (having an integrated router with 4 ethenet Gibagit ports).

The problem is that one satellite becomes not visible in the RBR850 admin basic homepage but visible in the "connected satellites" on the "attached devices" page (but not in the firmware upgrade page), Orbi iOS app is also able to see all satellites (but the one which is connected to RBR850 port 1 has nothing listed to connected to it, but in reallity it has some ethernet devices pluged in) and after a while it becomes the "disconnected", but still works if connected to Wifi backhaul (after resynchonize button operation). I realized that this satellite having issues is connected to port 1 of the RBR850, in the firmware changelog you mention here v4.6.7.5 there is a mention regarding this issue fixing on this port (whern RBR is in AP mode).

I very disapointed by french support because they asked me to make a lot of operations (resets, synchro, etc.) and they are not aware of this bug related to ethernet backhaul on port 1 and they have no idea about a new firmware release that may fix this. Why do some local support teams have not exchanges/communications with central NG support team ?

They just told me that I have return the whole pack (that costs around 2000 Euros) to amazon as I have until 31st January to be refunded.

I would prefer to give this product a chance and try this firmware upgrade (even if I'm afraid there are others problems to come with this one), but I'm not sure if it will cancel the guarantee if the firmware is not officialy released on NG download section (or in the RBR850 admin page)

Also, could you tell me if the satellites have also the same version of this new firmware, I guess the files are not the same for RBR and RBS.

I read that we should upgrade satellites first then the router, and restart everything one by one (router first).

Message 125 of 460
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7