Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New - RBR850 / RBS850 Firmware Version v4.6.7.5 Released

FURRYe38
Guru

Is your system in router or AP mode? 

Thanks for the feedback. 

@Validus wrote:

I find v4.6.3.16 and this version v4.6.7.5 to be a lot more stable than the past versions.

Both seem to be similar. Only difference I've noticed is a slightly longer log. Still doesn't log ddos attacks or anything actually useful in there though.

Intermittent DNS Errors still appear over time, but just rarely.

I did consider there might be a memory leak in the past. However, CPU load and memory usage tend to remain around the same. I will reboot the router every now and then to get best performance without those DNS Errors. 

CPU Load: 10.56%

Memory Usage(Used/Total): 325 MB/874 MB

With 6 days uptime.

Message 451 of 460
Eriksen76
Apprentice

@FURRYe38 wrote:

routerIPAddress/debug.htm

@Eriksen76 wrote:

How to see that log about CPU load and Memory Usage? So far I have no issues on 4.6.7.5 on my 2 weeks old system.

Thanks, I have no issues, and this status:

CPU Load: 10.58%

Memory Usage(Used/Total): 336 MB/874 MB

System Uptime: 6 days 09:27:09

Message 452 of 460
Validus
Luminary

The ONT model type 200 has no Wifi, so the Orbi does it all (an ethernet connection and the wifi with 2 other satellites).

Orbi is in Router Mode

Even the PC desktop on the ethernet connection sometimes has those DNS issue. It's been a problem ever since I've purchased the Orbi years ago. None of the other routers have had that problem. The firmware has reduced it from occurring as regularly as it use to, but it's still slightly there. It only happens on the first call before DNS is cached, commonly with a redirect page such as the login. Even has happened on this Netgear Community website. You would have to clear the cache for it to happen a second time and even then it's really rare and random. Extremely hard to recreate.

After a firmware flash update it runs at it's very best. Over long uptime it seems to occur more regularly or the webpage loads a bit slower.

Which is the reason I thought it might be a memory leak, but that doesn't appear to be the case. It doesn't look like the memory is increasing on mine. It sometimes increases or decreases, but tends to stay around Memory Usage(Used/Total): 315 MB/874 MB

Note: I use IPv4, I don't believe IPv6 has the issue and works fine, but my IPS doesn't support it. Use to have a 6to4 tunnel setup which also fixed the problem, but then the Google Search Engine started to detect that and said it was being discontinued as it's not secure. So I removed the tunnel.

Message 453 of 460
pemell
Star

I've just manually updated to officially released 4.6.7.13, downloaded from https://kb.netgear.com/000064681/RBR850-RBS850-Firmware-Version-4-6-7-13?language=en_US. I haven't seen that version mentioned, just the 4.6.7.5. Maybe they are the exact same versions and the official release is just a version bump over 4.6.7.5?

Message 454 of 460
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok v4.6.7.13 is live and is official release and not a beta: 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR850-RBS850-Firmware-Version-v...

Have at it. 

Please be sure to post any v.13 experiences and issues in that thread. 

Thank you. 

Message 455 of 460
57ay
Apprentice

Just tried to auto update to v.13 but was not available in the UK. Updated the Sats first manually and no issue to update! but the sats did not continue to work at all with the Router on the v.5 firmware. Updated the Router manually to v.13 powered down router and stats powered up router then sats all working well. Warning if you don’t update sats first I believe you could have serious issues. Netgear’s procedure is to always update the sats first then the router. Post your findings. Now all working will evaluate.
Message 456 of 460
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post any v.13 experiences in the other v.13 thread. Thank you.

@57ay wrote:
Just tried to auto update to v.13 but was not available in the UK. Updated the Sats first manually and no issue to update! but the sats did not continue to work at all with the Router on the v.5 firmware. Updated the Router manually to v.13 powered down router and stats powered up router then sats all working well. Warning if you don’t update sats first I believe you could have serious issues. Netgear’s procedure is to always update the sats first then the router. Post your findings. Now all working will evaluate.

Message 457 of 460
Zweiklang
Aspirant

Installed the firmware in my RBR and RBS850, did not really change much. Disconnected to Magenta LED after 24h again.
Tried pretty much everything: from changing cables to factory reset to repositioning, all that was suggested in posts like these.
Message 458 of 460
Zweiklang
Aspirant

The only thing I can say for sure is that the connection stays stable once I turn off the satelllite. But that defeats the purpose of a mesh network.
Message 459 of 460
FURRYe38
Guru

IF you installed v.13, please post here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR850-RBS850-Firmware-Version-v...

Thank you.

@Zweiklang wrote:
Installed the firmware in my RBR and RBS850, did not really change much. Disconnected to Magenta LED after 24h again.
Tried pretty much everything: from changing cables to factory reset to repositioning, all that was suggested in posts like these.

Message 460 of 460
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7