Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No Internet After Reboot RBK852/RBR850

No Internet After Reboot RBK852/RBR850

My internet was working fine, then I rebooted the router via the Orbi app, and lost connection to the internet (The router dashboard reported "Not Connected" to internet). 

I connect to CenturyLink fiber/gigabit via a PPPoE login. I contacted them, confirmed credentials were correct, confirmed no issues on their end. My old router that came with the ONT fiber device connects to the internet just fine. 

I factory reset the Orbi/Satellite and am still unable to run through the same process that got me connected to the internet when I set the router/satellite combo up about a month ago...

How should I troubleshoot this? 

Thank you

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions

@FURRYe38 wrote:

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

When you factory reset the RBR and setup from scratch, did you power OFF the ONT for 30 seconds then back ON as well? 

Thank you for the response. I realized I hadn't double-checked the VLAN settings and sure enough there was no VLAN setting, so I added that back and it started working. 

Thank you

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

When you factory reset the RBR and setup from scratch, did you power OFF the ONT for 30 seconds then back ON as well? 

Message 2 of 4

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Thank you for the response. I realized I hadn't double-checked the VLAN settings and sure enough there was no VLAN setting, so I added that back and it started working. 

Thank you

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a backup config to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7