Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI - RBR850 - Log File anomalies

Tony-OZ
Aspirant

ORBI - RBR850 - Log File anomalies

Hello,

Netgear ORBI RBR850 log file only has 40 - 60 entries then stops adding new entries. (Manual says limit size is 256)

All include event check boxes are ticked.

Running firmware v4.6.14.3_2.3.12.

Have cleared logs numerous times, starts filling up as normal, then stops at around the 40 - 60 entries. Different stopping point each time, seemingly random, but always way less than the stated limit of 256.

System is running fine otherwise, just wanted to diagnose network activity of a power converter (part of my solar / battery system) which runs on my WiFi network.

Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: ORBI - RBR850 - Log File anomalies

Yes, the RBR850 User Manual does say on page 102 that the Orbi log file can contain "up to 256 entries".  I selected the option to email the log "when it is full".  Why this option appears on the Security Menu, EMail menu is a mystery to me. (See page 49 of the User Manual.)

Each of the log filed sent to me holds a different number of entries, usually over 230 but well under 256.  My guess is that the log fills when it reaches a certain number of character, not lines.

Not having an 850 product, I did not pay a lot of attention in the past year when issues were being discussed about how logs were working (or not working) on the 850, but I do remember there being several active posts.  Maybe someone on the forum with access to that product has a better memory than mine. @FURRYe38 

Message 2 of 5
Tony-OZ
Aspirant

Thanks for the advice - it was most helpful in chasing down this anomaly.

Regards,

Tony

Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Not sure how to interpret this.

• A log file freezing at under 100 entries is definitely not normal.
  • How has this situation been resolved?
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Logging is currently broke on Orbi AX systems. Something we've already brought to NGs attention. Not idea if or when it will be fixed. 

@Tony-OZ wrote:

Hello,

Netgear ORBI RBR850 log file only has 40 - 60 entries then stops adding new entries. (Manual says limit size is 256)

All include event check boxes are ticked.

Running firmware v4.6.14.3_2.3.12.

Have cleared logs numerous times, starts filling up as normal, then stops at around the 40 - 60 entries. Different stopping point each time, seemingly random, but always way less than the stated limit of 256.

System is running fine otherwise, just wanted to diagnose network activity of a power converter (part of my solar / battery system) which runs on my WiFi network.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7