Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

One of my satellites (which was working perfectly fine a few weeks ago) will NOT connect to the rout

LofiFTW
Aspirant

One of my satellites (which was working perfectly fine a few weeks ago) will NOT connect to the rout

I am having the exact same problem with the exact same settings as the original author.

4000 sq foot home, router and two satellites are all downstairs. System worked perfectly fine for 2 years.

One of my satellites (which was working perfectly fine a few weeks ago) will NOT connect to the router. If I power recycle, the light goes to solid blue for about a minute, then light goes out. When I go to orbilogin and check "attached devices"; the good satellite has an IP address and backhaul status is "good". The bad satellite does not have an IP address and backhaul status is "Disconnected". 

Factory reset of both router and bad satellite has not worked. Router is NOT in AP mode. Router firmware is V4.6.5.14_2.0.54

Connecting the bad satellite to the router with ethernet cable has not worked. 

Please help. 

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: One of my satellites (which was working perfectly fine a few weeks ago) will NOT connect to the

What happens if you ethernet connect the one RBS that doesn't see to connect to the back of the RBR? 

Does it get an IP address by chance here? If so, You need to check FW version on it and if it's maybe at v.2, then all you need to do is update the other RBS to v.2 as well then lastly update the RBR to v.2:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/RBK750-and-850-Series-Firmware-Versi...

Message 2 of 4
LofiFTW
Aspirant

Re: One of my satellites (which was working perfectly fine a few weeks ago) will NOT connect to the

I have connected the "bad" satellite to the router with my ethernet cable; I then log in to orbilogin to check but the satellite still does not connect, it does not have an IP address and does not give me an option to update firmware.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Try updating the other RBS to v.2 first, then the RBR lastly. Then see if this one that won't connect, might connect after. Turn it OFF until you get the other RBS and RBR updated. Then try this other RBS. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7