Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Option to disable auto firmware upgrade on in 750 and 850!

leonzet
Tutor

Option to disable auto firmware upgrade on in 750 and 850!

Your developers tend to introduce more issues and make system unstable in new firmware from time to time. 

We want option to disable the auto upgrade.

Or let me know if the option exists already as I cannot find it anywhere in the portal?

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Option to disable auto firmware upgrade on in 750 and 850!

Orbi doesn't have a option to disable auto updates. 

Something to post here to express your concerns about this:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home

Message 2 of 5
leonzet
Tutor

The link you post looks like a graveyard of ideas. 

I can see the disabling auto upgrade idea has been posted there since 2017 and still marked as new idea, along with many other ideas I have been seen in other brands' system for years.

I have to give the credit to NG's marketing team that lured customers into buying their unreliable products. They deserve a raise!

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

When Orbi first came out NG didn't provide this feature. Been like this for years now. 

Message 4 of 5
Timothy88
Luminary

And has been causing users tremendous issues for years too.   

Response to a post made in another topic

@Timothy88 ,

Thank you for your candid feedback! We have heard this same level of frustration from some of our customers and we take this issue very seriously. I will certainly convey your sentiments back to our product team. Between you, me, the fly on the wall (ok and everyone else here) I do believe we are working to develop a better way of deploying firmware that will mitigate future hardships for our customers. I can't speak about when that solution will be available but I assure you, we are listening!

Warm Regards,

Christine

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7