Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi 6E RBKE963 can’t register

Wojtek72
Aspirant

Orbi 6E RBKE963 can’t register

Hi , I’ve purchased on 20/03/23 from Amazon Warehouse as described mint/ as new Orbi system to replace my 750 model. Can’t set it up and register as it was registered before. Could you please help register it to my account? I’ve done factory reset but have problem to set it up as dedicated password for Wi-Fi comes out as incorrect . Any thoughts?I’ve attached purchase receipt.

Message 1 of 9

Re: Orbi 6E RBKE963 can’t register

@Wojtek72 wrote:
Can’t set it up and register as it was registered before.

There is no need to "register" your RBKE963 to set it up. Just read the QuickStart Guide or follow the manual's instructions in the section Connect to the Network and Access the Router.

Could you please help register it to my account?

No one here can help you with that. This is a user-to-user community. (And please, for your own security, don't publish serial numbers here.)

For help with registration try this:

NETGEAR Product Registration FAQ | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Hi , I’ve purchased on 20/03/23 from Amazon Warehouse as described mint/ as new Orbi system to replace my 750 model.

Be warned that Amazon is not always the seller there. It is also a "storefront" for people who may or may not be official Netgear sellers. In that case warranties, one of the few reasons for registering, may not be valid.

HARDWARE WARRANTY | PRODUCTS COVERED BY WARRANTY | NETGEAR

Message 2 of 9
Wojtek72
Aspirant

Hi Michael,

Thank you. The problem is that I have be unable to set it up as I get a message  during the set up that supplied password to wifi is incorrect.So to get some help and answers from Netgear I need to register the product . Any thoughts why the password would be incorrect o come out as incorrect? This is preset network name and password so no clue what's going on. I've done few resets and still no luck.

Message 3 of 9

Message 4 of 9
Wojtek72
Aspirant

Problem with network key password while setting up ORBI RBKE963

Hi,

I have a problem setting up mesh system RBKR963 + 2 satellites. During the proces I can't log in to supplied wifi network with supplied network key pass. Pops out incorrect password. Done few resents  and still same problem. Any ideas?

Message 5 of 9
Wojtek72
Aspirant

Fair enough 🙂

Message 6 of 9
plemans
Guru

Re: Problem with network key password while setting up ORBI RBKE963

have you tried hardwiring into it and setting it up that route? 

Then you can set your own password/ssid for it

Message 7 of 9
Wojtek72
Aspirant

No I haven’t.How would I do that?
Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors